Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car of the Month for November/December!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
914world family - this will be my last iteration of the contest. McMark has volunteered to pick up the ball after this. Thank you, Mark! smile.gif

Voting will last for until the evening of October 31st!

In random order (and deliberately not listing names)... here are the cars that were nominated and seconded for November/December!

Please feel free to post additional pictures or information about these cars!

Car #1
IPB Image

Car #2
IPB Image

Car #3
IPB Image

Car #4
IPB Image

Car #5
IPB Image

-Rusty smoke.gif
LarryR
QUOTE(Rusty @ Oct 21 2008, 09:37 PM) *

In random order (and deliberately not listing names)... here are the cars that were nominated and seconded for November/December!

hehe clearly not listing names but that sure looks like Mark De Bernardi in pic # 2 beerchug.gif AKA McMark but I could be wrong b/c wrong angle to see pony tail
championgt1
Good group of cars again. Nice job on this Rusty!!
rick 918-S
I voted for #2. Truely a 914 with a long history. That car has been a test bed for several modifications including an early fuel injection conversion. I know my car is posted here. Thanks for the nomination, but there are many other real 914's that are far more deserving of the car of the month honors.
carr914
Had to put the vote for #4 URY914 Lightweight. I nominated it, and he's let me drive it (that's me in the picture driving.gif ) Awesome machine. Jake builds a great motor and with very little weight to push, this flies. Or it would if it didn't have the wing to keep it on the ground.

Thanks Rusty, for creating the C.O.T.M., I always took forward to it

T.C.
iamchappy
What makes a car deserving of car of the month honors, a car and an owner that has been tested to the point of exhaustion and patience. Rick ricola.gif you and the Alien are that.

The Alien just went on a 2,000 mile journey from way up north to the deep south after being frantically put back together after many engine failures with only a handful of miles on it. To me that alone makes it more than most worthy.

The honors shouldn't always go to the garage and trailer queens, but should also be measured by there character and courage......... assimilate.gif

Assimilate me..... very_first_smiley[1].gif
VaccaRabite
I'm so torn on this one...
Really torn.

But I know what I have to do...

We gotta get the McMarks graffiti rat to win so he won't repaint it. Its too cool now!
Zach
Twise
IPB Image

Had to go for #2 - Just look at how happy he is. That kind of happiness just has to be rewarded.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 21 2008, 09:56 PM) *

I voted for #2. Truely a 914 with a long history. That car has been a test bed for several modifications including an early fuel injection conversion.

agree.gif
g911
#2 agree.gif It is in use and the pilot is happy...say no more.
Foster
I voted #4, time to show off the racing side of the scene. driving.gif
drew365
Out of all the recent polls, this was probably the toughest decision. Ury's Loche Ness Monster looked too cool in this picture to be ignored.
URY914
Thanks guys.

Hey, do I get extra points for having owned the car for 29 years???
Kargeek
My car may be a garage queen having logged not many miles over 20 plus years however, I spent 7 years in my shop building it -doing 99% of the work -Bodywork- paint all mechanical -while being told not to bother as it's not a real Porsche or "you mean it's not a six?".

I'm glad to see how times have changed ...oh and I too have owned mine a long time -30 years

I'm honored to be part of the voting.
jimkelly
i see 5 winners - but had to vote #4 : ))
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 22 2008, 06:05 PM) *

Thanks guys.

Hey, do I get extra points for having owned the car for 29 years???

No... but you do get extra points for the big wing aktion035.gif I remember the build thread for that and it was fun to watch...

However, since I have nominated Sayegh's car twice and it has been on the block four times I think his car is due this time piratenanner.gif

I swear to vote for your car next time....

Go 3.6l beautiful black 914. nice work Paul....
daveyboybadion
Paul's big 3.6 is long overdue for a win....daveyboy
Elliot Cannon
We need more pics of that #1 car.
Eric_Shea
hehe clearly not listing names but that sure looks like Mark De Bernardi in pic # 2 AKA McMark but I could be wrong b/c wrong angle to see pony tail

Two Words:

Ron Jeremy
dw914er
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 23 2008, 01:17 PM) *

We need more pics of that #1 car.

I agree. All of the cars though embody the 914 spirit. Clean, sexy, fast, and most of all, fun.
TC 914-8
We need Picts of the engines, if #1 has a 3.6 it's a no brainer pray.gif . But it looks like #5 has a radiator in the front, I am partial to V-8's aktion035.gif . #3 also not too shabby, Lets get the pictures up, I'm still undesided on the canidates, and the cars too. Don't for get to vote flag.gif
carr914
Auto-Crossers & Racers Unite - Let's get the Vote out for #4 URY Lightweight - Terror of every BMW, Lotus & 911 out there.

T.C.
TJB/914
I need to vote today, because I am on my way to FL for a (2) week vacation.

Clue: I like underdog's & the only one who know how I vote is the button I push. rolleyes.gif

Tom
PeeGreen 914
Well, when T.C. posted Ury only had 14 votes.... now he has 15... biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Radiator? What about a Money shot? assimilate.gif

Click to view attachment
TC 914-8
Rick wins my vote, Like I said, I'm partial to V-8's Especially a Porsche V-8.

Tony
URY914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 23 2008, 05:04 PM) *

Auto-Crossers & Racers Unite - Let's get the Vote out for #4 URY Lightweight - Terror of every BMW, Lotus & 911 out there.

T.C.

SirAndy
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 24 2008, 04:23 AM) *

IPB Image

You know, you should mount an ashtray, cupholder and a radio in the stock location (well sorta close anyways) and turn up the music when you AX.

That would piss people off even more.
biggrin.gif Andy
Kargeek
Here's an engine shot and no, it's not a six....
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kargeek @ Oct 24 2008, 07:27 PM) *

and no, it's not a six....

When they look like yours who cares! drooley.gif
LarryR
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 24 2008, 05:23 AM) *

T.C.

WOW that body work off should have been the shot for the car of the month drooley.gif

I might have voted differently Man what does your car weigh 1500 pounds??
URY914
QUOTE(LarryR @ Oct 24 2008, 09:18 PM) *

T.C.

WOW that body work off should have been the shot for the car of the month drooley.gif

Less happy11.gif biggrin.gif w00t.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 25 2008, 06:20 AM) *

T.C.

Luv your man! aktion035.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 25 2008, 09:44 AM) *

T.C.

Wasn't there some kinda contest or something on the old site about how much your car was going to weigh when you were done? Didn't come in around 1300 lbs?
URY914
QUOTE(Lou W @ Oct 25 2008, 09:31 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 25 2008, 09:44 AM) *

T.C.

Wasn't there some kinda contest or something on the old site about how much your car was going to weigh when you were done? Didn't come in around 1300 lbs?

Yes the winner was going to get all my used Sawzall blades. It is under 1300 last time I had it on scales.
Rusty
I love quotes of quotes of quotes. rolleyes.gif
rick 918-S
We need more photos of #1! aktion035.gif
LarryR

T.C.

Man I cant get your car out of my head. I am going to take an entirely different route on my 72 (thanks a lot!!! ) ... I am kind of a fat old fart so Making the car weigh in around 1300 pounds is very attractive Me + car = 1500. This will be my dedicated race car so I figure gt5s is just about anything goes for small naturally aspirated displacement so it would rule there + I am sure there are other run groups. I would really like to see some other pictures of your car with the trunk open...

Larry
John
I still vote for #6
ConeDodger
As requested, a few more pictures of car #1. The pictures are not deceiving you. The paint is perfect! Add to that the 3.6 and you are in for a ROCKET ride with a license plate!!! The integration of the modern engine is so complete and subtle that the gauge has a check engine light built into it. The seats are GTS classics with heat! It not only snuggles your ass it heats it up... This is one of the sweetest 914's I have ever seen and Paul is a very nice guy with lots of talent. He has helped me with my car so I wanted to return the favor by nominating him...
degreeoff
smilie_pokal.gif Yoiu just know I had to vote for the racing scene!
rick 918-S
Just incase anyone hasn't seen the engineering that went into building this car.

Click to view attachment

My throttle linkage

Click to view attachment

I have drivin this car all over the states to 914 events. I still need to make an east coast. WCC 04

Click to view attachment

Coming home from WCC 05 This is in Tuccumcari.

Click to view attachment

rick 918-S
Midwest Classic Lansing MI

Click to view attachment

FFC Columbus IN.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

iamchappy
Rick the Alien has all the merits of a winner, it's my car of the year.....

It's been there done that......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.