Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm sorry.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
Without going into a lot of details, I have filled a Discrimination against the Disabled Complaint at work. I was told I could not use my wheelchair at work. I've been obsessing over that and other work and neglecting my duties here and at The WCR.
I will make an effort to wrap my head around the Good Parts of Life and get back to what really counts.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Oct 22 2008, 09:18 PM) *

Without going into a lot of details, I have filled a Discrimination against the Disabled Complaint at work. I was told I could not use my wheelchair at work. I've been obsessing over that and other work and neglecting my duties here and at The WCR.
I will make an effort to wrap my head around the Good Parts of Life and get back to what really counts.

You are what really counts. You gotta live your life, man! Hobbies are never the priority that health, work and family are.

Zach
rick 918-S
Hi Joe,

I'm truly sorry to hear your having trouble with your employer. These little cars are a great way to put a smile on the end of the worse day you can have. If I can help with anything or offer you a smile I'm here for ya! biggrin.gif bye1.gif
messix
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Oct 22 2008, 07:18 PM) *

ok..... now the question had to be asked. did you really try to classify you teener as a "wheel chair"? happy11.gif
Gint
What kinda crap is that? Don't you work for the city or county of something Joe? I can't imagine a city/county/state government not allowing a wheelchair.
Cap'n Krusty
You kidding, Gint? This is the state where a guy filling a permanent job at a National Guard unit was fired because he was on active duty in Iraq and couldn't be there for his full time NG job ............. The Cap'n
jimkelly
joe - all the best with this issue you are facing - jim
rjames
You are what really counts. You gotta live your life, man! Hobbies are never the priority that health, work and family are.

Zach

agree.gif

Best of luck with your situation at work, Joe.
championgt1
That sucks man. Give them hell.
sww914
Joe, I've been dealing with a big issue involving a wheelchair and my wife for the last couple of years. It sucks and so does your issue. I need to remind myself to think about what I want to do today almost every day.
Do I want to be insanely pissed off and depressed all day long hating life or do I want to accomplish something or do something cool?
It's up to me.
We got fucked. You got fucked too.
After that I need to decide what I want to do. It's better if I do something good.
PeeGreen 914
Good luck Joe... we're all pulling for you... for what it's worth.
proto31
Joe, I can't beleive that they'd give you a hard time about that!
JoeSharp

With the Complaint I got a Slamdunk going on. They can't even ask me about the chair much less tell me I can't use it. It was just plan stupid for them to say anything.
warrenoliver
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Oct 23 2008, 12:56 PM) *

With the Complaint I got a Slamdunk going on. They can't even ask me about the chair much less tell me I can't use it. It was just plan stupid for them to say anything.

Joe,

I hope you nail their asses to the wall. ar15.gif Seems like that is the only way to get some of these things changed.

Hang in there and good luck.

Warrenoliver
dw914er
if you need any help with the planning for WCR, I'd be glad to help.

good luck with your chair issues
JoeSharp
Thanks Ben: You have PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.