Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HeadAcheToday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
busaslidr
I was riding my Suzuki Hayabusa on Palomar Saturday, and managed to highside o f the bike and landed on myhead. Concussion galore!!!! Can'tremember Saturday & Sunday at all! Dizzy,nauseous, headache fo a week or so according to the Hospital doctor. My first Lifeflight offf the mountain!!!!! I was unconscious for 20 minutes!!TheEMT's cut myfull leathers off, ruined!!!!!!!! Thta's OK, I will livw to rideanother day. Iam relegated to the 914 for a week or so!!

Drive safe!!!!!

Jeff
busaslidr
QUOTE(busaslidr @ Feb 9 2004, 01:14 AM)
I was riding my Suzuki Hayabusa on Palomar Saturday, and managed to highside o f the bike and landed on myhead. Concussion galore!!!! Can'tremember Saturday & Sunday at all! Dizzy,nauseous, headache fo a week or so according to the Hospital doctor. My first Liffligh toffthe mountain!!!!! I was unconscious for 20 minutes!!TheEMT's cut myfull leathers off, ruined!!!!!!!! Thta's OK, I will livw to rideanother day. Iam relegated to the 914 for a week or so!!

Drive safe!!!!!

Jeff

Good newsout of all ofthis, I met guy in the hospital who regularly makes custom turbo systems. He's say's itshouldn't be too difficult to design one forthe stock 2.0 ebgine. He's gonns get mea quote this week!!!! I'd LOVEto get some more power out of thestock motor!!!!
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(busaslidr @ Feb 9 2004, 01:19 AM)
... I met guy in the hospital who regularly makes custom turbo systems. He's say's itshouldn't be too difficult to design one forthe stock 2.0 ebgine.

glad you're okay.

the exhaust has never been the problem. air/fuel management is the problem. start thinking on how you'll deal with that issue.
Gint
Wow! Glad to hear you're OK.

Poor guy, has to drive a 914 all week. MDB2.gif
JmuRiz
Remember kids, stay on the throttle when the rear looses traction (just like Mr. Rossi)...just messin with ya wink.gif

Silver lining to the cloud, you were wearing all your gear and must have had a nice lid. On top of that you may have found somone to hook you...and maybe some of the rest of us...up with a turbo system for the 2.0. Cool deal, and good luck w/ the noggin'
busaslidr
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 9 2004, 06:09 AM)
Wow! Glad to hear you're OK.

Poor guy, has to drive a 914 all week. MDB2.gif

I definitely don't mind the Teener!!!!!
Jenny
I was riding my Suzuki Hayabusa on Palomar Saturday, and managed to highside o f the bike and landed on myhead.

Aw... don't tell me that. My brother rides that on a regular basis. unsure.gif

Glad to hear you're alright.

Jen
busaslidr
QUOTE(Jenny @ Feb 9 2004, 11:24 AM)
I was riding my Suzuki Hayabusa on Palomar Saturday, and managed to highside o f the bike and landed on myhead.

Aw... don't tell me that. My brother rides that on a regular basis. unsure.gif

Glad to hear you're alright.

Jen

Is he on the LABUSAs.ORG or BIKECRAZY.ORG forums????
fiid
Glad you are okay dude. Get well soon.

BTW, everyone knows you can't turbo a type IV smile.gif LOL
busaslidr
QUOTE(fiid @ Feb 9 2004, 01:07 PM)
Glad you are okay dude. Get well soon.

BTW, everyone knows you can't turbo a type IV smile.gif LOL

Don't tell me what Ican't do!!!!!!! burnout.gif

Besides look who your talkin to. 2 and a half years ago I had to learnhowto walk after fallin off AA motorcycle. Broke neck &6 vertabrae in back, a little concussion isn't goona stop me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jenny
QUOTE(busaslidr @ Feb 9 2004, 12:27 PM)
Is he on the LABUSAs.ORG or BIKECRAZY.ORG forums????

I'm not sure. He had a GSXR before, and recently got a yamaha after someone stole the GSXR. I know he spends quite a few wed nights on beach blvd in huntington beach for bike night.

Jen

Here's a pic of Jeff..
Andyrew
Oh man, now that sucks! Hope that the pain goes away fast.

Mmm turbo's

Keep us posted.

Andrew
busaslidr
Well the Teener's getting my concussed head around mighty well. Still have a headache though. No new word yet from that Turbo guy, just that he's still designing the system. I'll keep ya posted.
DuckRyder
Glad you are O.K.

Don't you know you can't high side on the street, it is impossible.............. wink.gif

BTW, You can't turbo a 914. biggrin.gif

Seriously, glad you are O.K. bikes and letahers are replaceable......................
busaslidr
QUOTE(DuckRyder @ Feb 13 2004, 04:28 AM)
Glad you are O.K.

Don't you know you can't high side on the street, it is impossible.............. wink.gif

BTW, You can't turbo a 914. biggrin.gif

Seriously, glad you are O.K. bikes and letahers are replaceable......................

I beg to differ when the rear comes around hooks up and spits you over the bike in the direction of forward motion, thatwould be a highside.

Had to go back to the hospital saturday for pain, turns out my jaw is broke too.

I'll be back on the bikes as soon as I'm not dizzy antmore.

Thanks for all the concern!!!

You guys are cool!!!
IPB Image
ArtechnikA
forgive me if this is out of line but i gotta ask:
do you carry an organ donor card?
larryp
Where are the pics of the bike? How much is left? You gonna put the motor in the teener?

And, you know, if you are compelled to practice throttle control, it is a whole lot more convenient to be doing it at Laguna. I mean, the ambulance is already there, etc...
DuckRyder
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Feb 17 2004, 07:37 AM)
forgive me if this is out of line but i gotta ask:
do you carry an organ donor card?

I personally think it is out of line. It is a personal deision and has no place in a discussion about motorcycles or cars fot that matter. But that's just me.

Busa, I was joking about the can't high side on the street. That statement wsa made on Speedzilla, it is kind of like the "You can't turbo a 914" biggrin.gif

Broken jaw sounds painfull, glad the headache has subsided though.
JmuRiz
Hope your jaw turns out ok. Also, glad to see someone taking that "fat drag bike" knee dragging smilie_pokal.gif A riding buddy of mine out in NoVA has a 'busa with Givi hardbags on it, and knee drags it...calls it his 185mph Goldwing, haha.
J P Stein
Robert:

All of us don't view the activities shown in those pictures as awe inspiring. Personally, I look at em' and say "Ah, organ doners".

If that offends you.... confused24.gif if you want to have folks say "Kewl", go to a crotch rocket forum.

I'm fairly democratic. I feel the same about "canyon runners" in their Porsches, also.
busaslidr
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Feb 17 2004, 11:52 AM)
Robert:

All of us don't view the activities shown in those pictures as awe inspiring. Personally, I look at em' and say "Ah, organ doners".

If that offends you.... confused24.gif if you want to have folks say "Kewl", go to a crotch rocket forum.

I'm fairly democratic. I feel the same about "canyon runners" in their Porsches, also.

I feel the same way about people who get in their cars and drive the highway to work every day and think they are "SAFE" or immune some how to harm cause it is society's accepted and condoned form of transportation. And "EVERYBODY"S DOING IT"!!!
aufaber
Wow, thats a lotta exclamation points.

Same guy who is Jen's brother and is in that picture also has turbod a 914. It's been done a few times using diffrent methods. Use the search feature to find some older threads on it.

"You can't turbo a 914" is a running joke from a long time ago.
fiid
BTW - it's about time someone started messing around with Bike engines in 914s.

I carry a donor card and I think it's okay to discuss it. The way I see it - I run an increased risk of losing my life due to the lack of a credable driving test qualification in the U.S., the lack of credable and enforced traffic laws, (and I'm not talking about speeding - you can still kill people at 35mph) along with my track and street driving antics. If I get f**ked up - I might as well help someone else to get un-f**ked.

Hope you feel better after your accident dude.

I would love to ride bikes, but the fear of becoming red paste keeps me away. I have a lot of respect for those that do ride though, especially the mad bastards that ride the TT races in the Isle of Man.

Fiid.
DuckRyder
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Feb 17 2004, 03:52 PM)
Robert:

It isn't that it offends me, it is just inappropriate.

It is like me going to a track event and asking if they carry donor cards. I'm sure if I walked up to you at a PCA autocross or DE and ask you if you were an organ donor you would think it was just as inappropriate.

Now for the record, I'm definitely not a fan of dragging knees on the street, too little safety margin and too much unknown about the surface.

At least they have leathers, boots and helmets on.

Curiously enough, we seem to basically agree on most everything but the "organ doner line"
fiid
I agree - it's different to talk about it (or to volunteer it) than to specifically ask someone if they do. It's like asking their salary or their age - not good etiquette.
Toast
I want a dirt bike.
aufaber
QUOTE(fiid @ Feb 17 2004, 01:07 PM)
BTW - it's about time someone started messing around with Bike engines in 914s.

I have thought about it a ton. Quaife makes some interesting products for doing just that.
J P Stein
Hay, my drivers license says organ doner.......but I figure they're shelf lives will be expired when I'm done with em' laugh.gif

Folks I know in the medical industry say that their best steady supply of gud organ comes from crotch
rocketeers......Just cause a guy is crazy & don't listen when God sends a message, doan mean he ain't got a gud liver.laugh.gif
busaslidr
All I want to tell ya is...... Do what you like to do. Seize the moment and have fun and be impulsive. But do it with all the proper precaution s and safety gear. Do what YOU like to do!!!!! Don't go through life wishing you had taken that one chance or opportunity! Take it now!! HAVE FUN!!!!! LIVE LIFE!!!!
Brad Roberts
I agree. Take a chance. I have failed one good time now. I should fail at least another 2 times before I'm too old to try.

B
seanery
you failed twice.
second time was when you decided to wear those sunglasses in your avatar pic! laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
I like my 70's glasses..

The 70's called and they asked for them back.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.