Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car cover opinions...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toddb67
I have no choice but to store my car outside this winter sad.gif
So having said that, I figured a car cover would be my next best option. What do you guys use? What are the better brands out there? I will put some desicant in the car to help with the moisture. I just figured it would be better to have a cover than nothing at all. Opinions?
southernmost914
I would recomend a Evolution car cover. It is made of Kimbery Clark Bloc-it fabric. UV ressistant, water proof, breathable and thick. I'm happy with mine and use it under extreme conditions. Remeber, you get what you pay for.

Steve
iamchappy
If i had to store my car outside, i would use one of those car capsules. I think it would be worth the extra money.

http://www.carcapsule.com/
KELTY360
QUOTE(southernmost914 @ Oct 24 2008, 06:20 AM) *

I would recomend a Evolution car cover. It is made of Kimbery Clark Bloc-it fabric. UV ressistant, water proof, breathable and thick. I'm happy with mine and use it under extreme conditions. Remeber, you get what you pay for.

Steve

I had a paint job ruined - bubbling paint - using a similar 'waterproof, breathable' material. Never again. I would buy a 10x20 storage shelter from Costco for $200.
Eric_Shea
Stormcover is the absolute best cover I've ever had but... it's in the garage too.
mein_tag
i have a regular dust/water restitant cover. and in the monsoons i use a tarp. but that's here in arizona.

i would go with the storage shelter dealy.
VWnDRAG
California Car Cover
www.calcarcover.com

Nice custom fit, a decent price range, and different fabrics for different needs.
On their website you choose make, model, year, if you have a passenger side mirror or not, etc.
Mine sits in the shade and we only get about 30 rain days a year.
Their budget "outdoor" cover works great for me. I didnt need "the storm chaser".

You could probably get a cheaper one from AutoZone, but theirs is a one-size-fits-most bag.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.