Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Plastic Model
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kkid
Anybody interested in a 914 plastic model?

Japan Yahoo Auction just notified me that there is one. It is 1/20 scale so it should be about 8" long? Buy it now price is 18,000 YEN so it's about $190 in today's exchange rate. Motor included.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/117517007
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(kkid @ Oct 24 2008, 01:35 PM) *

Anybody interested in a 914 plastic model?

Japan Yahoo Auction just notified me that there is one. It is 1/20 scale so it should be about 8" long? Buy it now price is 18,000 YEN so it's about $190 in today's exchange rate. Motor included.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/117517007

At 1/20 scale, I'd guess that it's the same kit that Entex sold. They are long out of production, but are selling in the $40-$50 range if you can find one. The Entex version did not have the motor, though.
Gustl
this is the Bandai 6028-600 kit
it was available with a small electric motor and lights
mint and fully equipped it sells for about $100 - if it appears (it's very rare)

bye1.gif Gustl
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 24 2008, 02:50 PM) *

this is the Bandai 6028-600 kit
it was available with a small electric motor and lights
mint and fully equipped it sells for about $100 - if it appears (it's very rare)

bye1.gif Gustl

Interesting. I'd still bet that the Entex kit was the same plastic, without the motor and lights. I don't think that Entex ever released a model of their own... it was all reboxed versions of other manufacturer's kits.
Gustl
I'm pretty sure that the Entex and Bandai models came out from the same molds.

Entex only made the well known version with the white box and the yellow /6 on it (#9023).

Bandai made at least 3 different versions of this 1/20 kit:
#6028-600 ... with electric motor and lights ... brown box
#8014-1000 ... more or less identical to the Entex kit, but with Martini Racing decal sheet
#8078-1000 ... more or less identical to the Entex kit

bye1.gif Gustl

p.s: maybe I can take some photos later today
Gustl
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 25 2008, 08:46 AM) *

Entex only made the well known version with the white box and the yellow /6 on it (#9023).

the Entex kit shows Mahle Gasburners on the box
Gustl

Bandai #6028-600 ... with electric motor and lights ... brown box

check out the steel wheels on the box
Gustl

Bandai #8014-1000 ... more or less identical to the Entex kit, but with Martini Racing decal sheet

very rare !!!
Gustl

Bandai #8078-1000 ... more or less identical to the Entex kit

also with steel wheels on the cover photo
Todd Enlund
Wow! Very Cool...
watsonrx13
OK, who has a pic of the models put together?

-- Rob
Gustl
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Oct 25 2008, 06:05 PM) *

OK, who has a pic of the models put together?

the Entex box shows the built model smile.gif
Scott S
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 25 2008, 04:58 AM) *

Bandai #8014-1000 ... more or less identical to the Entex kit, but with Martini Racing decal sheet

very rare !!!

I need to save my pennies, bite the bullet and try and get my hands on one of those.... what are they worth?
Gustl
I think the price isn't the problem with this kit
within the last 10 years I only can remember 3 of these kits showing up on eBay
I bought it for approx $100 - but as you can see, the box is slightly damaged

keep in mind - inside the box it's 100% identical to the #8078-1000 kit
the only difference is this decal sheet:

Click to view attachment

but the kit itself has the same Mahle Gasburner wheels, the same yellow plastik body and all other parts

bye1.gif Gustl
1970 Neun vierzehn
I built the Entex version back in the '70s. At the time, that model was just about all that was available in a "big" scale. There were some detail issues with it, however. The bumpers and bumper tops didn't seem to have the correct curvature. The windshield wipers were so awful that I left them off completely. The rear trunk, engine lid, and doors fit very well but I could never get the front hood to "close" properly. The interior was pretty decent and in general, my modeling efforts turned out pretty good. I was able to detail the interior, paint the rear t/l in correct Euro red/amber/clear colors and give it a high quality, silver application of paint. The engine "detail", as it was, consisted of a general reproduction of a /6 air cleaner.
When it inadvertently rolled off a 4 foot shelf a few years ago and spent itself on the hard floor, both my wife and I were surprised when I just shrugged its demise offhandedly, "Oh well, it wasn't that great a model, the paint had gone south, the hood never did fit right, and the gasburners were "chromed".

If it's a large scale model of a 914 that you want, I think the Revell die-cast is the better choice. I you want an approximation of a 914 as interpreted by pre-Tamiya standards of plastic casting, then spend your money on this "period piece".

Paul

URY914
Anyone have the old Gunther SCCA car in 1/24 scale?

It had the chopped windshield.
sixnotfour
I have the ginther model unass. and the entex one painted irish green really nice in a box that I cant seem to locate at the moment headbang.gif
Goge
Cool, there are model geeks like me on the board!

Here's a pic of the Ginther model, it's made by Revell. Revell has another kit with a yellow teener on the front, a 914-6. They are both the same except for the windshields and the decals, I think.

I have the Entex and this Advent kit too, I think it's a copy of the standard Revell kit (not sure who came first). The other picture is of a built Revell 'standard' model I built a couple years ago. The Revell kit is a little funky, but builds up fairly well. The ride height is just wrong...

There are some 1/43 kits out there too, not sure who makes them. I think there's one of the #40 Sonauto LeMans car.

I built a Revell ages ago when I was a kid too, I remember thinking what a wierd car it was, with all those opening covers and the engine shoehorned into that little space. I think I blew it up in the backyard with firecrackers, like so many of my other models.

-TH
Gustl
QUOTE(Goge @ Oct 27 2008, 09:59 PM) *

yepp ... I've about 170 different Porsche 914 scale models from scale 1/92 up to 1/10 (and of course 1/1 biggrin.gif )

aktion035.gif Gustl
Goge
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 27 2008, 03:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Goge @ Oct 27 2008, 09:59 PM) *

yepp ... I've about 170 different Porsche 914 scale models from scale 1/92 up to 1/10 (and of course 1/1 biggrin.gif )

aktion035.gif Gustl

I'm not worthy! pray.gif
wbergtho
Hey Gustl,

I'd be very interested in a pic of your 1/10th scale 914 model. That's a very large scale. I'd imagine it is loaded with detail. drooley.gif

Bill
yepp ... I've about 170 different Porsche 914 scale models from scale 1/92 up to 1/10 (and of course 1/1 )

Gustl

Gustl
it's a Carson R/C body for the Tamiya chassis
so - no, not really detailed, but nice

I have a 2nd one - but no photos yet

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.