Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Line Routing for a six conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ericv1
Does anyone have an opinion of the oil line routing for this conversion?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks...A1%7C240%3A1318

Opinions would be appreciated. Thanks, Eric
sixnotfour
thats a long pull for the supply line.(redhose)
LarryR
I would not be so worried about the oil line routing as I have seen many 914 race cars with the big tank in the front trunk. However, the 911 tank mounted in the front trunk is kinda ghetto and would imply lots of shade tree work arounds might be found...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Ericv1 @ Oct 25 2008, 05:22 PM) *

Yes.
Lou W
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 25 2008, 09:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Ericv1 @ Oct 25 2008, 05:22 PM) *

Yes.

And.............what is it? smile.gif
MikeSpraggi
That is a creative system. There is a school of thought that believes front mounted oil tanks are not the optimum system for our teeners. That being said, I'm doing something like this in my track car using a 16 qt Peterson tank.

Click to view attachment
Gint
Yeah, but I'll be polite so I'm not going to elaborate either.

I will say that agree.gif that the 911 oil tank in the front trunk is a great indication that there are other DAPO "features" in that car.
Eric_Shea
Like Jeff said. Supply line is probably too long or too small. That's my problem with front mount systems.

Like the others said... the engineering issue at hand leads to further questions.
Ericv1

Thanks for the input. I was looking for a way to save some money. But, it looks like I'll keep saving. Eric
r_towle
That tank is almost to low...

The supply line should be at least 1.5 inches above the inlet on the motor...that is damn close...probably works, but Why not put it in the fender???

Rich
IronHillRestorations
a 911 oil tank won't fit correctly in a 914, anywhere
Gint
But it will fit incorrectly in the front trunk. laugh.gif
Ericv1
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 26 2008, 06:29 PM) *

That tank is almost to low...

The supply line should be at least 1.5 inches above the inlet on the motor...that is damn close...probably works, but Why not put it in the fender???

Rich

Probably because he didn't want to spend $1,000-$1,400 for an aftermarket tank and lines. I know yuo can get them cheaper but, PM and AA sell for roughly this price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.