Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Leno in hot water ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Anybody else hear anything about this ?? Sounds a little sketchy to me.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10232008/news/...4886.htm?page=0
biggy72
did you read the part about him being GMC's director of maintenance and people thinking he visibly looked depressed in recent months? Sounds like the court case could have just been the last straw sort of thing.
Lou W
I read something about this not to long ago, that article made it sound like Leno was in trouble.......I can't figure out why he would be, it doesnt sound like he did anything wrong. unsure.gif
dw914er
that duesenburg. wasn't that in a tv episode of rides when he found it, and talked to the owner? How'd they swindle it?

that def suck though
scotty b
QUOTE(Lou W @ Oct 25 2008, 08:21 PM) *

I read something about this not to long ago, that article made it sound like Leno was in trouble.......I can't figure out why he would be, it doesnt sound like he did anything wrong. unsure.gif

I would tend to think the guy was a broker that worked with Leno, told him of an amzing deal he found and Leno jumped like anyone would. I can't see how Jay was directly involved BUT we don't know the whole stroy. Just sounds like a stretch to blame him IMHO confused24.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 25 2008, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Lou W @ Oct 25 2008, 08:21 PM) *

I would tend to think the guy was a broker that worked with Leno, told him of an amzing deal he found and Leno jumped like anyone would. I can't see how Jay was directly involved BUT we don't know the whole stroy. Just sounds like a stretch to blame him IMHO confused24.gif

agree.gif The guy who owned the cars before Leno isn't even alive anymore and it is the heirs that are suing. Sounds like money hungry trust junkies to me.
stepuptotheMike
i don't know... but after reading through the article, it could seem like something isn't exactly on the level with the way the deal went down. I would think that Leno would have some responsibility even as a purchaser.... getting a 1.2M car for 180,000??? "If it seems to good to be true, it probably isn't" keeps going through my head.

-Mike
Mark Henry
Was it #4? happy11.gif
Richard Casto
Amazing deals means that someone is getting screwed. Question is are they getting screwed because of their own ignorance (which I might consider it to be a fair deal) or (as appears to be the case here) because someone (the garage that was storing the cars) took advantage of the owner. It sounds like the owner new the value of the car and didn't want it sold. It sounds like the owner's estate has a good case against the garage. Leno just got his hands a bit dirty. Which I would say is a risk on deals like this.

If you had gotten a great deal on a car and discovered it had been basically stolen from the owner, what would you do?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Oct 26 2008, 12:02 PM) *

Amazing deals means that someone is getting screwed. Question is are they getting screwed because of their own ignorance (which I might consider it to be a fair deal) or (as appears to be the case here) because someone (the garage that was storing the cars) took advantage of the owner. It sounds like the owner new the value of the car and didn't want it sold. It sounds like the owner's estate has a good case against the garage. Leno just got his hands a bit dirty. Which I would say is a risk on deals like this.

If you had gotten a great deal on a car and discovered it had been basically stolen from the owner, what would you do?

The garage is the culprit. I'm not the world's biggest Leno fan, but I think he just took advantage of an opportunity. If he has to pay more, so be it - he can afford it!

To hell with the Macy's Clan. In fact, to hell with all of the parties involved. They're all so ridiculously rich, I could care less. Let them beat each other over the head with money bags!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.