Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cleaning a gauge face
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
Anybody ever cleaned a gauge face before? Not the glass but the actual face? I've tried goop off, windex and rubbing alcohol. All of which leave a slight coating. i'm out of ideas and I don't want to damage the face. I am trying to remove some fingerprints.
zonedoubt
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Oct 25 2008, 09:42 PM) *

Anybody ever cleaned a gauge face before? Not the glass but the actual face? I've tried goop off, windex and rubbing alcohol. All of which leave a slight coating. i'm out of ideas and I don't want to damage the face. I am trying to remove some fingerprints.

Try one of those microfiber cloths that sometimes comes with TV's, monitors, and digital cameras.
ahdoman
oh yeah, forgot to mention...I've been using a microfiber cloth to wipe it down.
Dr Evil
Touch the rest of the gauge face to make it all match. I wish I could help, but I dont touch the faces when they are apart. All the stuff I tried when experimenting caused the paint to come off a little.
ahdoman
Thanks Dr. Yeah, that's what I'm running into. The "goop off" works the best but it leaves an "oil slick" looking ring around the outside edge of where you wipe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.