Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch not disengaging
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LetoAtreides
For some reason My clutch no longer fully disengages. The throw is adjusted properly (the adjustment is the same as I've always had it), but pushing the pedal only yields about 3/4 of an inch of movement from the clutch cable. Also, pushing the pedal is really easy now. What's wrong? Is the cable stretched?
bam914
Your clutch tube may have broken through the firewall or it broke loose from the welds inside the center tunnel. You will need to look in the tunnel on the left side and look for the tube moving.
jsayre914
Lotsa stuff on this site to help,

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...ite=clutch+tube

I hope its an easy fix biggrin.gif
LetoAtreides
How much would it be moving if it was broken, because it moves a little, but not much, although it seems to be bent. Is this normal?
echocanyons
check the clutch cable at the firewall, if it was broken for a while this area may have given in.
cwpeden
Just happened to a buddy of mine. The clip that holds the end of the cable housing to the trans(just before the roller) came off. Same symptoms.

Good luck.
Dave_Darling
Did you recently replace the pedal bushings? If so, the roll pin in the pedal cluster is failing. The one in the bronze bushing kit isn't so great.

Check to see if the shaft the pedal rides on is turning as much as the pedal is moving. If not, it's the roll pin.

--DD
r_towle
Take the rear access plate off of the inside tunnel.
Sit in the drivers seat and reach in with your right hand and feel the tube on the sidewall of the tunnel closest to the driver.

As you have your fingers on the tube, actuate the clutch..
If the tube moves at all, you need to find out where.
The tube is held in place (and it must be) at the rear of the firewall and just in front of the shifter. The front one typically goes and is not that hard to fix...
If you cannot weld, and cannot find a welder to help you I have seen various methods to clamp the front tube to the sidewall of the tunnel.

I think Slits did this, he may have a few pics of how that works...
I would prefer to weld it back up.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.