Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel injectors just back - paint question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Just got my fuel injectors back from witch hunter. The portion where
the rubber elbow fuel line attaches to the injector, does that need paint too? I didn't pay attention if that was bare metal or painted before shipping them out.

Thanks

Tod
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(tod914 @ Oct 26 2008, 04:43 PM) *

Just got my fuel injectors back from witch hunter. The portion where
the rubber elbow fuel line attaches to the injector, does that need paint too? I didn't pay attention if that was bare metal or painted before shipping them out.

Thanks

Tod

Tod,

If you're talking about the "body" of the injector, below the plastic (yellow, in my case), it should be painted. Satin black.

I hav some witch hunter's too. They seem to strip all paint with thier process - but it works!
Pat
tod914
Pat , the main body section I painted satin black, the plug end section where the fuel line attaches / where the fuel injector screen is, is the area that I'm refering to.

Thanks
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(tod914 @ Oct 26 2008, 06:44 PM) *

Pat , the main body section I painted satin black, the plug end section where the fuel line attaches / where the fuel injector screen is, is the area that I'm refering to.

Thanks

Tod,

If we're taling about the upper "nipple", where the fuel line attaches, it is bare metal. A pic would be nice, but I think I know what you're talking about.

Think about it. If the upper "nipple" wre painted, tha gas would lift off the paint & send it into the screen.

Still would like to see a pic oif the specific area.

Pat
tod914
Pat were on the same sheet of music. I guess my concern would be rust getting into the injector over time due to the surface being bare metal. Valid point with the paint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.