Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where do I get an engine lid like Andys all screen
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LarryR
I was out at sears point today and was looking over Andy's (Sir Andy) car. It has an engine lid that is all screen. He said the guy who built it wasnt around any more so I was wondering if anyone knows someone who makes them.

Thanks,
Larry
echocanyons
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=5620

I think his name is sergio and he is in nor cal or the bay area.

I dunno if he is around or not though
JoeSharp
I've done a few. Have them on several cars. The one on /L. car was about $570 with new Porsche letters and powder coating. I only did them because I did not like the finish on the ones being sold at that time.I did them for
Slits
Thomas
Linda
and myself, mine says VOLKSWAGEN on it.
It seems like I've done about 6 of them.
I know, I know. TTIUWP
Anyone got a picture of Linda's GT engine lid?
I should do one for the WCR slient auction.
Gint
Do some searching around here. There are lots of threads about members building GT style engine lids.
LarryR
Hey thanks for the responses. I actually did not know that was a GT engine grill. I just thought it was sweet looking when I saw it on andy's car. Also since my car was missing the engine lid when I bought it I saw this as a perfectly great way to get an engine lid and not have to worry about matching paint.

I sent Sergio a PM since he is actually quite close to where I live.

computers4kids
QUOTE(LarryR @ Oct 26 2008, 10:22 PM) *

Hey thanks for the responses. I actually did not know that was a GT engine grill. I just thought it was sweet looking when I saw it on andy's car. Also since my car was missing the engine lid when I bought it I saw this as a perfectly great way to get an engine lid and not have to worry about matching paint.

I sent Sergio a PM since he is actually quite close to where I live.

Hi Larry,
Here is a link to when I made my GT grill.
There not hard to make, just takes time. I collected about 10 engine lids this summer and was planning on making some to sell this winter. You can do it!
IPB Image
VaccaRabite
I want to make one. If only I knew someone with a wrecked 914 to donate a lid to Zach's Chop Shop.

if only....

Zach
Johny Blackstain
I bought mine on the evilbay for $200 including shipping, 2 yrs ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.