Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has your teener ever triggered a spontaneous drive?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
helios
Sunday ended up being a very nice day, though a bit chilly. I hadn't driven the teener in a couple weeks so figured that I should let her stretch her legs and knock the rust off the rotors after my morning coffee and book read. Coincedently as I'm heading out to my car I get a call from a buddy w/ a '67 bug that is heading out on a drive as well. He says he's driving the cascade loop and wanted to know if I would like to tag along. It was a bit more than I was planning on, but I thought about it for a few minutes. I really didn't have anything better to do (other than clean the garage, which really needs to be done), so I said screw it. We aren't going to have too many more nice days for a while you know! So 9.5 hours and 600 some odd miles later we covered 3 mountain passes (one of which had some snow and ice blink.gif ), an old west town (Winthrop), a bavarian village (Leavenworth), lots of fall foliage, and one hell of a memory (and story).

Not a bad way to cap off a weekend eh? driving.gif
KELTY360
Bet those rotors are squeaky clean now. Which passes? My guess is Stevens, Blewett & Snoqualmie. Blewett is a fun road, lots of high speed twisties; hope that bug could keep up.

Oh, you know it has to be said...... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
helios
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Oct 27 2008, 11:35 AM) *

Bet those rotors are squeaky clean now. Which passes? My guess is Stevens, Blewett & Snoqualmie. Blewett is a fun road, lots of high speed twisties; hope that bug could keep up.

Oh, you know it has to be said...... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Sadly in the haste of grabbing the tool bag from the GLi then heading out the door, I completely and utterly spaced grabbing my camera. hanged.gif

My buddy got a pic of the cars in Leavensworth on his phone. If he posts it where I can get to it, I'll post it here.

We went over Rainy and Washington (where we encountered the ice and snow) Passes on Hwy20, and Stevens Pass on Hwy2.
monkeyboy
I look forward to the day... My car has prompted many a scripted wrenching day though.

Someday it will run smile.gif
ericread
In response to your question... ABSOLUTELY!!!

My 914 calls to me from the garage on weekends... "You don't need to perform maintenance this weekend. Let's go out for a drive. PCH in Newport Beach is a great place to start..."

I used to have a motorcycle that would call out to me: "Let's go fast. You don't really need a drivers license, and they'll probably give it back to you in a few months..."

These fun rides can be such a PIA!!!

Eric Read lol3.gif
PanelBilly
My car calls out, but it says "put me back togeather!"
dw914er
my car calls me from 300 miles away for me to drive it.

so, im gonna drive it smile.gif
Root_Werks
Oh man! driving.gif I gotta get my 914 on the road. That is such a great drive, right now even with all the leaves changing colors.
TC 914-8
Sounds like a great drive, As I sit in my office I can look into the garage and my car winks at me wavey.gif And Says Drive me. So knowing our sunny days are soon coming to an end, I hop in and go for a quick spin to the Longhouse for some lotto, beer, and cigars. Then head home, a quick 10 mi trip.
I need a nice round trip loop here on the pennisula, all our roads go up into the olympics then back down the same road. If I go blasting up, they, ( angry folks and Troopers ) just have to wait for me to come down.

So, anyway Driveem when the sun still shine'n

Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.