Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rust!!!#*!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
We pulled the engine and when we cleaning the engine compartment found some holes in the inner suspension ear. should this be patched or is there a replacment part for it? It is on the passenger side.

Bernie icon14.gif
seanery
get a new ear if you are worried. Restoration designs has them as does tweeks.
bernbomb914
pics
bernbomb914
more
seanery
looks like new ear time to me.
McMark
Holy cow. That ear is dead! I wouldn't drive it at all. Looks very dangerous.
bernbomb914
cant find any listing for that part in Restorations design or tweeks.

Bernie
seanery
Tweeks piece
IPB Image
Chris914n6
Looks like you've had a water leak from above somewhere. I would cut out the tinworm holes and peek inside. You can make the decision to repair or replace better then.

I'm bummed for you.

Chris
ChrisReale
Hey Bernie. you joined my club. We should call ourselves the "Earless Mafia" or something....Looks like you need a new ear to me. Have Brad do it, he likes doing suspension ears laugh.gif
Bleyseng
Toast! beerchug.gif
Gint
It's a gonner. I wouldn't try to repair that ear. Who knows what's behind it.
bernbomb914
I wonder if Brad has any ears on those bodys he is wacking?

Bernie sawzall-smiley.gif
Brad Roberts
Bern,

I wouldnt sell you a used ear. They all do the same thing. I *think* Restoration Design gets 199.00$ for them. The owner is on our BBS and frequently reads these posts. Call him up and tell him you are with the 914 club and that Brad sent you. He *might* cut you some slack.

I have NO issues of doing it for you. We are pretty quick in doing them, but you would have to get the car to me. It runs about 1500$ total. A couple of pieces have to be hand fabbed and welded in.

B
kenpolives
Brad, Since you got on the topic of price what would I be looking at to have stiffener set (both sides) and the rear floor pan installed (labor time only) I'm hoping east coast is less then $90/hour
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.