Full Version: good deal on e bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Who would ever bid on this car? NO ONE! But I bought it and it is terrific

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7349#ht_500wt_0
sixnotfour
How many $$$ ? kiss and tell
914Sixer
Ad is lacking a a few minor details. Really, clean though. Late model 76.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 27 2008, 04:18 PM) *

How many $$$ ? kiss and tell

$8,000.00
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 27 2008, 04:20 PM) *

Ad is lacking a a few minor details. Really, clean though. Late model 76.

And that is the point: The car was not described well at all. But totally original nice factory paint, a PERFECT original buckskin interior and hub caps over the original styled steel wheels, two owner built 12/75 original owners manual and warranty card, and as a bonus a brand new factory tool kit and a set of burgandy binded factory shop manuals. 56,000 original miles. Spare has never hit the ground. Perfect for the dr 914 driver.
sixnotfour
Thanks George , I hope to pick up a clean one soon myself.
KELTY360
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 27 2008, 04:31 PM) *

Thanks George , I hope to pick up a clean one soon myself.

Why not wash the one you just bought? poke.gif
sixnotfour
Why not wash the one you just bought?

idea.gif
SirAndy
beerchug.gif

grantsfo
Given the economy that seems overpriced. I bought a perfect car with 36,000 for quite a bit less it too had manuals, tool kit and original window sticker. Perhaps values will come back in a couple years.
Eric_Shea

Click to view attachment
veltror
This is the ONLY time I have seen a car with the same interior as mine, my door panels are perfect the back panel is perfect but the headrests are cracked from me driving it. That colour interior was never sole in Europe, all were black and trying to find some ineterior like that is like trying to understand American Football, impossible....

Roman
dw914er
great find. Usually no details is a red flag, but you def did lucky

tronporsche
Dr., Why wouldn't anyone normaly by it, because it is a 76'? Or are you just being sarcastic ? If I had the money and was looking for a clean stock 914 I would buy it (If I didn't live in California too.....smog may be a problem), Look at the one that just sold at the Barret And Jackson Auction for $10k. The one you just brought looks much better, especially for $8k. I think any 914 that is stock and to the standards you just brought is worth that amount of money, $8-10k. Congrats.
sww914
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.
Woo Hoo.
r_towle
QUOTE(sww914 @ Oct 28 2008, 12:03 AM) *

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.
Woo Hoo.

But you dont know jack.
I, on the other hand, stayed at a holiday inn....

Rich
sww914
Maybe I don't know jack, but I am clear evidence that neandertals and humans interbred, maybe in a Holiday Inn.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(tronporsche @ Oct 27 2008, 08:42 PM) *

Dr., Why wouldn't anyone normaly by it, because it is a 76'? Or are you just being sarcastic ? If I had the money and was looking for a clean stock 914 I would buy it (If I didn't live in California too.....smog may be a problem), Look at the one that just sold at the Barret And Jackson Auction for $10k. The one you just brought looks much better, especially for $8k. I think any 914 that is stock and to the standards you just brought is worth that amount of money, $8-10k. Congrats.

The point was that it was advertised poorly on e bay so everyone was leery about it. I could see though in the bad bad photos the very orange "press" stickers on the seat belts and the bright orange needles on the speedo and tach so knew that it was a low mile car. Called the guy and got the story and took a chance. Really panned out (unlike my last two 914 e bay purchases!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
VaccaRabite
Cool.

Is this one going in the museum, your drive way, or the bad place down the street where parts are born?

Please not the bad place.

:-)

Zach
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 28 2008, 08:33 AM) *

Cool.

Is this one going in the museum, your drive way, or the bad place down the street where parts are born?

:-)

Zach

I am going to drive this one! Although sparingly. I have a 12,000 mile red 76 in our little display case that is near perfect and after I sold my 59,000 mile white 76 driver last year to one of three guys fighting over it for 16,000 and then the prices jumped, I was very worried that I would not be able to find such a good car for the money! and then those two e bay purchases of JUNK! So finally I am delighted with a car that I can drive and keep and have great fun with every day! I like the 76 models the best because they drive better on at high speeds due to the heavier bumpers, they were the last of the breed, and the rarest of all of the four cylinders as they made only 4100 or so of them. I truly believe that in the future the 76 model will be the most valuable of all of the four cylinder models.
Root_Werks
That looks like a really nice 914, I love the color combo, black on tan.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 28 2008, 09:05 AM) *

That looks like a really nice 914, I love the color combo, black on tan.

I am going to take some pics so everyone can see how really nice it is! Even the original orange peal from the vw factory
914werke
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 27 2008, 06:52 PM) *

Click to view attachment
av-943.gif
914werke
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 28 2008, 08:47 AM) *

they were the last of the breed, and the rarest of all of the four cylinders as they made only 4100 or so of them. I truly believe that in the future the 76 model will be the most valuable of all of the four cylinder models.

Uh ..you forget about the LE's in which there are supposedly only 1000 or so ever made?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Oct 28 2008, 11:19 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 28 2008, 08:47 AM) *

they were the last of the breed, and the rarest of all of the four cylinders as they made only 4100 or so of them. I truly believe that in the future the 76 model will be the most valuable of all of the four cylinder models.

Uh ..you forget about the LE's in which there are supposedly only 1000 or so ever made?

dead on the money I was speaking about year model though. You are very very right LEs are the ones to buy as a valuable future collectible.
Root_Werks
agree.gif

LE's are one of the top collectors for 914's I bet. I also agree that 76's will start to command a higher price than maybe even good 73-74 2.0's just becuase of thier low production numbers. This is probably years down the road mind you, but fewer numbers have always seemed to spell more money for good examples.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.