Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have you used a sync like this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NineOneFour
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vacuum-Carb...emZ380075564087

I'd like to use something like this, to sync my 44IDF's. It seems like having 4 gauges running at the same time would make the job more precise.

Would this type of gauge work? Where would you hook up the hoses?

Thanks,
Rodger
monkeyboy
I use something similar for my motorcycle. As long as you have vacuum ports, it works great.
NineOneFour
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Oct 28 2008, 10:08 AM) *

I use something similar for my motorcycle. As long as you have vacuum ports, it works great.

Do the 44IDF's have Vacuum ports?
r_towle
some do, some dont.
Look on the outside at the bottom near the air/fuel adjustment screws.
There is a bung on all of them...some are drilled out with a brass tube inserted for vacuum, some are not.

rich
NineOneFour
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 28 2008, 10:37 AM) *

some do, some dont.
Look on the outside at the bottom near the air/fuel adjustment screws.
There is a bung on all of them...some are drilled out with a brass tube inserted for vacuum, some are not.

rich

Are they the ones above the idle mixture screw Rich? Is there a way to fit a tube on them and would it be worth it?

IPB Image
IronHillRestorations
An STE airflow meter is cheaper, and works great.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 28 2008, 04:41 PM) *

An STE airflow meter is cheaper, and works great.

agree.gif

And will add that the problem peeps have with sync has WAY more to do with poor linkage adjustment and quality than the actual carbs.
Gint
agree.gif ...too.

Synchrometer STE SK link to Weber Carbs Direct

Most Weber 40 and 44 IDF's have not been tapped for vacuum. Nor do you really need it on a 914. But you could do it is'n you felt the need to experiment and add vacuum to your ignition setup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.