Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 10 Most Expensive Car Accidents
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trevorg7
Stumbled across this and found it interesting...

10 most expensive car accidents

T
r_towle
QUOTE(Trevorg7 @ Oct 28 2008, 12:56 PM) *

Stumbled across this and found it interesting...

10 most expensive car accidents

T

WOW

I have looked at the real lemans winning GTO a few times...last time I heard it was worth 11Mm....now apparently its worth alot more.

The beauty of that car is its still in original paint, still setup as a race car, and still raced every weekend during the season...

At the end of the day its a car, and you cant take it with you.

Rich
ClayPerrine
This has to be expensive to repair...

IPB Image

Yes, that is a 250,000 dollar Ferrari... It captured the "Pole Position" av-943.gif
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif Too funny Clay.

I think these crashes are a little miss leading. Some of them wouldn't be very hard to fix even though the cars are worth a ton. I want to see shop bills laugh.gif
carr914
agree.gif The Ferrari GTO's damage didn't look too bad, certainly not $28 Million

T.C.
Cevan
There was a 250 GTO at Limerock this year. Here is a short video of it. It was raced by it's owner, Sandra McNeil. $28,500,000, yikes.
SirAndy
WTF.gif

"Ferrari 250 GT Spyder - $10 Million"
drew365
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 28 2008, 12:58 PM) *

WTF.gif

It's hard to be sure from the picture, but I suspect that's a replica like the Ferris Bueller car. I never heard of a real spyder getting wiped out in a hurricane.
carr914
I always liked this picture of when Hurricane Frances came through Florida in 04

T.C.

Click to view attachment
Lou W
This one made me sick.
jd74914
IMHO TC and Lou's posts are worse than all of the crashes in that link. All of the newer cars can be replaced, but those classics really can't. :sad:
championgt1
QUOTE(drew365 @ Oct 28 2008, 05:51 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 28 2008, 12:58 PM) *

WTF.gif

It's hard to be sure from the picture, but I suspect that's a replica like the Ferris Bueller car. I never heard of a real spyder getting wiped out in a hurricane.

agree.gif I read somewhere that was a kit car.
michaelmoo
If you look at the taillights on the 250 GT from that link, they are from an MGB. So it is a kit car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.