melnyk
ouch at the valence being 10 yards away
carr914
That's one Strong Pole!

T.C.
familienauto
Yikes.
Wes V
There is just something wrong with that group of photos.

I find it hard to believe that the pole doesn't show any damage.

Why is there no trash laying around?

Where are all the people checking it out?

Where are the cops? (they normally hang around until the tow truck shows up in order to verify that no evidence is messed with)

Wes
Downunderman
Adelaide is a quiet place most of the time. The pole is made out two pieces of steel with concrete in the middle. They do not give in easily.
jimkelly
pic
davep
They will have a hard time getting the stains out of the leather seats.
Root_Werks
Ouch
FourBlades

New hood, new bumper, a little buffing and it will be on ebay as a pristine
example.... icon8.gif
effutuo101
The scary thing is that if this was a 914, the car would have been split down the middle and gone clean through the car. It would not have been a walk away for anybody.
turboman808
I have some great footage of a local guy who was going thru a nasty divorce and didn't want his wife to get his ferrari. Video camera, pissed husband, black f430 and a brick wall. Made for a good time.
Drums66
Man!...right down the middle, what a dangerous way to try to separate from your
spouse ............seems like that engine would have ended up in someone's lap!
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Oct 29 2008, 10:52 AM) *

The scary thing is that if this was a 914, the car would have been split down the middle and gone clean through the car. It would not have been a walk away for anybody.

I've seen some 914's that have gotten hit, or hit something, and only two that I know of were fatal accidents.

When I was shopping for my 2nd 914 (1979), I saw a 914 that hit a pole just like the one in the Adelide. The 914 really absorbed the impact. I was told the car was doing 45-50mph, and if you didn't look out the windshield, you wouldn't have know the car hit anything, well except the floor was buckled up a bit.
carr914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Oct 29 2008, 01:52 PM) *

I have seen quite a few pictures and write-ups of 914's in severe accidents. 914's are Extremely strong cars.

QUOTE(Drums66 @ Oct 29 2008, 02:44 PM) *

Man!...right down the middle, what a dangerous way to try to separate from your
spouse ............seems like that engine would have ended up in someone's lap!

The engine's behind them just like our little cars whack_3.gif

T.C.
effutuo101
QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 29 2008, 11:51 AM) *

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Oct 29 2008, 10:52 AM) *

I've seen some 914's that have gotten hit, or hit something, and only two that I know of were fatal accidents.

When I was shopping for my 2nd 914 (1979), I saw a 914 that hit a pole just like the one in the Adelide. The 914 really absorbed the impact. I was told the car was doing 45-50mph, and if you didn't look out the windshield, you wouldn't have know the car hit anything, well except the floor was buckled up a bit.

I agree, they are tough, and in 1979 realtivly new. 30 years of rust has happened since then and some road worthy cars would not be so lucky.
Pays to keep rust repairs up.
Drums66
He wants to be a Muff diver and She wants to be a Pole rider
baby please don't touch me on the Twisties!
no bearing on the erection.

T.C thanks for the deflection...............I mean correction. shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.