Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Web vs Eagle cams
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MattR
Okay, so Im going to tear my 914 apart next weekend and Im ordering parts now so I wont have to wait.

Here is my setup so far:

2.0 L T4
Dual Weber 40s
KB 96mm pistons with stock stroke
stock intake and exhaust valves
stock exhaust and upgraded muffler (PO did this)

my questions is for the cams and followers.
cbperformance.com has eagle cams and followers for like 100 and 40 respectivly, and webcams are 155 and 140 respectivly. I want to make this a daily driver. Is it worth the extra for the webcam? Or is that just a bunch of hype. And, which grind do you suggest? If I do go with web, I was thinking the 494 cut.

Are eagle cams good quality? Or is it worth the insurance for web.
seanery
I've got the 494. It's worth 50 bucks IMHO.
seanery
I got my cam & lifters elsewhere cheaper and they were dropshipped from Web.
I did some research on the web for a couple days. I don't have the computer I used anymore or I would send you the link.
MattR
Thanks for the quick response! My concern wasnt for the 50 bucks on the cam but the 100 dollars more for lifters. And they said pretty explicitly on their site NOT to mix and match lifters and their cams.

Another thing to add, I am thinking of getting 96mm pistons, but i saw 103mm KB pistons are the same price. What are the advantages/disadvantages? Will stock cylinders suffice?
Brad Roberts
The 103's will require machining the case for the larger P+C's. The 96's are slip ins and wont require machining (accept opening up your stock cylinders from 94 to 96)

I honestly would ask Jake about a cam for your 2056 combo. He has a cam that is more "setup" for the combo you want to run. The 494 is good, but Jake worked very closely with WEB to create his own combo's. The 494 is a generic off the shelf cam that we know works "ok" with stock valved heads and 40's.

B
Jake Raby
The 494 is a good cam if you are not concerned with HP.. Its a great torque, smooth driving cam! I have 4 cams based from it that are very superior to it. One adds over 1,000 more revs to the top end but keeps the bottom end power.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.