Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Member Discounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lavanaut
I've come across several vendors over the past couple years that have offered significant discounts on parts/service to PCA members. I never really paid it all that much attention, but did utilize it when I could. Recently I've been buying all sorts of parts and found myself wishing that I had made a list of those vendors...over time, I think one could stand to save a considerable amount of cash.

So I thought I'd put it out there ~ what vendors do you know of that offer such discounts?

popcorn[1].gif

Thanks,

Reid

ps: I can't think of a single vendor right now off the top of my head, other than PCNA who gave me I think a 10% discount on my COA order recently.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Oct 29 2008, 02:26 PM) *

I've come across several vendors over the past couple years that have offered significant discounts on parts/service to PCA members. I never really paid it all that much attention, but did utilize it when I could. Recently I've been buying all sorts of parts and found myself wishing that I had made a list of those vendors...over time, I think one could stand to save a considerable amount of cash.

So I thought I'd put it out there ~ what vendors do you know of that offer such discounts?

popcorn[1].gif

Thanks,

Reid

ps: I can't think of a single vendor right now off the top of my head, other than PCNA who gave me I think a 10% discount on my COA order recently.

gotta watch the 10% Vendors with sterile product lines can offer 10% usually across the board because of their markups. Non sterile vendors many times work on very close margins so cannot on the whole parts line. Anyone offering 10% probably has too high a markup to begin with.
Our old 20% off sale always lost us money, but as the sale was and "in stock" sale, it eliminated a lot of excess inventory each year.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 29 2008, 04:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Oct 29 2008, 02:26 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Thanks,

Reid

gotta watch the 10% Vendors with sterile product lines can offer 10% usually across the board because of their markups. Non sterile vendors many times work on very close margins so cannot on the whole parts line. Anyone offering 10% probably has too high a markup to begin with.
Our old 20% off sale always lost us money, but as the sale was and "in stock" sale, it eliminated a lot of excess inventory each year.

It's RETAIL! You have excess inventory & want to be rid of it - you offer a small discount. Have to move it! Carrying costs are not cheap. On a larger spectrum, tal to GM dealers!

There NO deals. Yeppir, you can save a couple bucks on what's in stock, but it doesn't amount to a small mound of beans.

The PCA 10% discount lost its significance in the 80's.

Not the only reason that I think PCA will be dead in ten years. Unless you want to race, they offer nothing. I'm 35 years & this is my last - no renewal. Better wake up PCA!

Sorry for the off-topic rant! Had to do it!
Pat
Lavanaut
There NO deals. Yeppir, you can save a couple bucks on what's in stock, but it doesn't amount to a small mound of beans.

The PCA 10% discount lost its significance in the 80's.

If I have a choice between two vendors that offer the same part at roughly the same price, but one of them offers a 10% PCA members discount, that pretty much determines who will get my business. On any given purchase that may not amount to significant savings, but year in, year out it does add up! 10% is 10%, regardless of the decade. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.