Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Window Wiring Harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
Looking to buy one... But does anyone have the specs so I can build one? dry.gif

As always, thanks for the help.

Regards,

James
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have two cars here with the harnesses in them. Come on by and you can take one out and copy it.
jesiv
George,

Thank you for your most generous offer! Unfortuately, I don’t plan on being in the southeast until next year. Although, I was searching on my iphone and noticed what appeared to be a rear window wiring harness part numbers:

914 612 056 10 ADDITIONAL CABLES FOR REAR WINDOW HEATING

914 612 056 13 ADDITIONAL CABLES FOR REAR WINDOW HEATING F 47229 00001

914 612 056 14 ADDITIONAL CABLES FOR REAR WINDOW HEATING

George any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

james
914Sixer
They are NLA from Porsche. I talked to Jeff Bowlsby about them. He has the diagram to make them however the plug that goes on the relay board in the engine compartment is no where to be found.
Cevan
I have a rear window defroster in mine. There are two wires coming from the window, one on each side, but I didn't know they went to the relay board. I don't think mine is functional b/c when I pull the switch, I see no change in the volt meter.

Can someone point out where they go?

Click to view attachment
zambezi
QUOTE(Cevan @ Oct 30 2008, 12:35 PM) *

I have a rear window defroster in mine. There are two wires coming from the window, one on each side, but I didn't know they went to the relay board. I don't think mine is functional b/c when I pull the switch, I see no change in the volt meter.

Can someone point out where they go?

Click to view attachment

Cevan,
Here is a pic I took from another post. The defroster hook up is the three bullet shaped pins above the fuse area on the left. There should be a three prong connector that plugs onto it.
JIM
SirAndy
QUOTE(zambezi @ Oct 30 2008, 10:35 AM) *

The defroster hook up is the three bullet shaped pins above the fuse area on the left.

It's actually only two connectors, the third prong is just a guide ...

The two wires are the yellow/red and green in the upper left corner of the diagram.
bye1.gif Andy

jesiv
Does anyone have pics of how the harness goes from the relay to the rear window inside hookups?

Regards,

James
914Sixer
Electrical grid on window HAS to be good in order to see any voltage drop. Most windows these days have had the grid damaged. Put volt meter on the two leads. If you do not see a solid short the grid is open(no workee).
Cevan
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 30 2008, 03:00 PM) *

Electrical grid on window HAS to be good in order to see any voltage drop. Most windows these days have had the grid damaged. Put volt meter on the two leads. If you do not see a solid short the grid is open(no workee).

I kinda figured that the integrity of the wire element on the window was suspect and that's why I didn't see a voltage drop.
Mikey914
Theyt do make a nickel paint that is used for repair of this type of set up. if you could find the break, you could add a small line in the window.
Katmanken
That looks like a piece of cake to hook up to....

Amp makes female barrel connectors in a wide variety of sizes that fit inside of the plastic connector housing...

If you make the wiring harness and attach/crimp the appropriately sized female barrel connectors to the ends of the wire that plug onto the relay board, you can use shrink tubing on each wire and barrel connector and and simply plug each barrel connector onto the correct pin one at a time.

In other words, use the metal female barrel connectors without the connector housing and use shrink tubing on the 2 wires and conectors to repel water. Plug and play.

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.