Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who repairs door stays?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
My drivers side door stay is banging/clicking and I'd like to get this fixed. I thought I read on this forum a while back that someone was repairing these? Car is a 75. Or if you know how to repair can you pass on the secret? Thanks
southernmost914
Just need to replace the roller wheels and control arm( if worn bad). We have a vendor in the Vendor section who sells what you need. Easy job. bye1.gif

Steve
914Sixer
Check to see what your roller set up is. You will probably only need the one plastic roller and a new arm. They later door stays had one steel roller that will not need replacing unless it is damaged. When removing and installing the springs use a piece of wire looped through the spring. It will make the install or removal easier
davesprinkle
I sell a kit of parts to fix the door stay mechanism. Each kit includes two rollers and an aluminum door stay. Pretty easy job.
rfuerst911sc
Man I feel like a dope headbang.gif Before I posted this question I did a search AND looked at the vendors forum and completely missed it!! Thanks everyone for the feedback, I'll be getting in touch with the member vendor to order his kit. beerchug.gif
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Oct 30 2008, 09:08 AM) *

I sell a kit of parts to fix the door stay mechanism. Each kit includes two rollers and an aluminum door stay. Pretty easy job.

Dave PM sent.
Lou W
Easy fix smile.gif ;
Justinp71

Does anyone know where to get a replacement spring for the door latch (in the door jamb)? Its a really tiny spring, but I'm sure it has to be the exact right one for the door latch to work.
Joe Owensby
Popping can be caused by a worn out opening in your door jam, the pivot where the stay goes. If it is worn, it allows the stay to pull to one side, and then pop back to the other when the roller goes over the hump. I don't know of a good fix for this, other than some welding. JoeO
Joe Owensby
Sorry, double post. I can't find how to erase it though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.