Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Puget Sound tranny woes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bare 1
Any one know of a good shop that repairs teener trannys ? I live on Whidbey so any where is a drive and I don't mind , if they do quality work for a reasonable price. I need the mainshaft bearing replaced in the intermediate plate and the idea of sticking that in my wife's oven to get it up to the 250 degrees my haines manual recomends sounds just short of suicidal,not to mention I don't have a press!!!! Thanks for the input. I want to go driving.gif in my teener sad.gif headbang.gif
Bruce Hinds
I'd just spend lots of bucks at renegade putting in wide ration gears for my V8 application when I was showing off and blew the ring and pinion.

I needed someone local that could put my special gears in another box.... Gary Zink near Auburn did a fantastic job for me. He runs a small shop behind his house and only does VW/Porsche stuff. He's good and reasonable.

It's been a few years, but try to give him a call at 253-631-4004
Bruce
KELTY360
I'd call Daryl at AA Transaxle out in Duvall. People send him VW/Porsche/Audi trannys from across the country. Very knowledgeable and a nice guy to boot.

He rebuilt the tranny in my Westy and warranteed it for 3 years. It's worked great for almost 3 years now. His number is 425-788-4070. Tell him I sent you.
Dr Evil
What, no mention of me?

I do it for less and as well if you are able to ship. Details within the link below smile.gif
pete-stevers
where was that link again???
oh right the big red one.... biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Dr. Evil is the man if you want to ship. Daryl is very good as well. He should run around 400 if you go with him.
Root_Werks
Daryl is a good local guy to go to. Dr. Evil is probably the best, just a little far away.

I have also had Gary do a couple of early VW tranny's for me. He does good work as well.
Dr Evil
Dude, $400 and references from members, I would go with Daryl smile.gif Thats a good price. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.