Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT red "hot rod" MB station wagon in SB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wes V
The other day I was driving on the Ventura Freeway in the Santa Barbara area (of California) and this red Mercedes station wagon pulled onto the freeway.

It was an older one and fully hot rodded!!!

Great red paint job, dropped down on wide wheels. Mild tint on the windows.

It just looked real cool, but the thing that got me is that it sounded like he had a big block chevy in it!!! Pulling on the on-ramp, it sure ran like it.

It got me thinking about the fact that if you have a car that was originally registered as a diesel, you never have to have it smog checked (even here in California)!!! You could put any engine in it you want, with NO smog equipment!

So, does anybody know who owns this car or knows about it?

Wes Vann
r_towle
I have not seen a merc hot rod but I have seen several Volvo 740 wagon hot rods with SBF motors.

Rich
orange914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 30 2008, 03:05 PM) *

I have not seen a merc hot rod but I have seen several Volvo 740 wagon hot rods with SBF motors.

Rich

i've heard tales of my old 67 mercury wagon running around in the central valley area here, but not lately. it had the origanal 410 f.e. that i built up with a bunch of c.j. goodies... what a torque monster sleeper. man i miss that car. anyone seen it lately?

mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.