Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Very complete and fresh 2.0L FI motor ~115HP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
number6
Hi everyone. As many of you know, my car just got converted to a 6, so my FRESH 4-cyl is for sale.

It is a 2.0L (2L cranks, 2L pistons & cylinders, with well-matched performance Web cam) built up from a '75 1.8, so running L-Jet fuel injection. Freshly rebuilt (by well-regarded shop A&P Specialties in Portland, OR) and just broken in, with only 6,500 miles. Besides trying to not break the bank, the goal of the rebuild was to make more power while keeping reliability, longevity, and fuel economy.

The motor has always been super reliable (my 914 is my daily driver) - I just wanted a little more oomph. It is dialed in and tuned so nicely, all my 914 friends are impressed. Craig @ Camp914 drove my car with this motor, as did Dan Root, so I'm sure they will vouch for it, if asked nicely smile.gif

OK, here's what's included in the bargain price of $3800 wink.gif :
+ plug-n-play motor
+ complete L-jet fuel injection (powdercoated intake runners)
+ powdercoated engine tin
+ and ALL THE EXTRAS, like pertronix ignition, blue coil, wire set, starter, K&N, quick-drain oil change plug, clutch assembly, motor mount bar, motor mounts, AND an external grille-mounted oil cooler w/ modified raintray!

If you don't need/want all the extras, we can discuss a fair price reduction. Please, no low-ball offers!

With SPIRITED DRIVING, mixed city-highway, my car was still seeing 25mpg. Breaks 30mpg when straight cruising on highway.

Engine is completely dry - no leaks!
Switched to full synthetic at 5,000 miles.
Completely ready to plug 'n' play!

Excellent balance of performance, reliability/longevity, and fuel economy. If you want to take it a step further, MSD, EFI and a lightened flywheel would be a kick in the pants!

Sorry for the long write up and dirty engine bay in pix!

** If you need a nice car to put this motor in, I also have for sale a very sweet roller:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=88219
number6
Engine makes approximately 115HP +/- a few. This requires a couple comments:
1. I am told this is limited by the stock fuel injection system. There is significant more power to be made with aftermarket/modern EFI. That can't be a bad thing, right? smile.gif
2. I did an early dyno test and found 90HP at the wheels (see dyno sheet below). *THIS WAS DE-TUNED!* If approximating 20% drivetrain loss, that would mean 113 at the crank; approximating 15% drivetrain loss = 106. *BUT* that was run when the motor was
a. not broken in,
b. detuned for emissions testing, and
c. I was running a catalytic converter (again, for emissions testing) thrown on an old crummy exhaust. This was necessary because of the cam. It passed with flying colors, BTW!

Even choked like that, it ran so well, I wanted to dyno to just to see where it was at, before proceeding with other mods (I had some fun plans before going 6). Anyhow, I'm told the cat and restrictive muffler was probably robbing 5 to 7+ HP. And tuning was probably good for 5+ horse gain. Tuned, cat removed, and going to a Triad performance exhaust made a NOTICEABLE power gain! Unfortunately, in my excitement to do the conversion, I forgot to dyno again with motor in its tuned state.
orange914
another good option for someone building a new engine, sounds like a super deal. you can (and probably will) spend more doing it yourself. my 2056 started off at $2500 budjet...ha!, $4500+ later

good luck beerchug.gif

mike
OU8AVW
PM Sent-
Thanks
number6
I am looking for a complete 3.6L DME injection system...
So perhaps someone wants to trade me?
Let's talk! smile.gif
leebparts
Hi Lee from the Chicago Porsche club when you have some time can you give me a call about your engine. 847-612-3871

Regards,Lee
Root_Werks
I drove the car this engine was in from Tacoma to Lake Stevens (70+ miles) and will say I was nothing but impressed. There is a rather large hill on the way to my house coming off a 55mph freeway ramp. The 914 torqued up the hill in 5th around 2200rpms! Holy torque lords batman!

Very nice engine and FI set up. Someone is going to get a really great deal on this. I made sure to get the fuel pump and leave most everthing I could just plugged in so it should litterally be a bolt up and go motor.
number6
QUOTE(leebparts @ Nov 3 2008, 08:41 AM) *

Hi Lee from the Chicago Porsche club when you have some time can you give me a call about your engine. 847-612-3871

Regards,Lee

Lee, I'll give you a ring now.

-duc
number6
Price reduced to $3100!
Is that a deal or what?!? smile.gif
number6
UPDATE: I've been asked about the Triad exhaust, which is gone. But I do have a 6-month-old Bursch that I will throw in at the $3100 price.
OU8AVW
PM Sent....
johnnie5
Did the Bursch go in with the deal?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.