Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice RHD 914/6 for sale in Australia ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 31 2008, 06:42 PM) *

it's cute, especially if you need a RHD car, but...

PORSCHE 914 914/6 replica car without a VIN it's hard to know just what is being offered...
SirAndy
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Oct 31 2008, 02:48 PM) *

PORSCHE 914 914/6 replica car without a VIN it's hard to know just what is being offered...

Note that i did not say "original /6" ...
shades.gif Andy
GeorgeRud
Since Porsche did not make any right hand drive models themselves, I guess you could call all of them conversions in one way or another. It certainly looks like a nicely done car. It's fun to see how the dash is reconfigured for right hand drive! I've only driven a RHD car once in Grenada, and it certainly is a different experience. When you're at a four way stop with traffic and want to make a right hand turn, you really have to double check your thinking where you want to go and who's turn it is to enter the intersection!
orange914
i drove a r.h. 280z once... strange... jumped a curb turning right stromberg.gif biggrin.gif

mike
carr914
When I was a test-driver for Volkswagon-Audi, they would bring a few RHD Audis over. Strange as shit to drive on American Roads - can't see to try to pass someone, trying to shift with the opposite hand. One of the other testers was about to go over a wooden bridge in a RHD, didn't line up the wheels correctly, took out the side of the bridge and plunged into the creek below.

T.C.
r_towle
Did someone email him and find out the VIN number??

Rich
Rusty
Anyone know if the shift pattern was inversed (e.g. Reverse is up and to the right, first down and to the right) on the RHD cars?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rusty @ Nov 1 2008, 01:51 PM) *

Anyone know if the shift pattern was inversed (e.g. Reverse is up and to the right, first down and to the right) on the RHD cars?

All RHD cars i have ever been in had the same pattern as the LHD models ...
shades.gif Andy
carr914
agree.gif

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.