Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This tastefully restored and modified roadster is presented in the ever-popular Bahia Red with black trim and interior. Car has been rebuilt and restored with performance and handling in mind. With over $7,000.00 in documented service work (and much more undocumented!), all known issues have been addressed. The excellent (driver quality) paint shines nicely and has been buffed to a super soft feel and sheen. The interior is like new (most of it is new!), with perfect carpet, and vinyl basket weave seat inserts. The original dash and targa top are in great shape as well.

The original engine of this 914 is still in place (number on the block confirms this), but according to the original owner has been modified and enhanced to 2.0 specs (unsubstantiated, but believable, based on the accuracy of all other information I was given when I purchased the car). Accenting this enhancement is dual Weber carbs. With a brand new battery, the engine roars to life every time, and idles quite consistently. The transmission shifts very smoothly through all the gears, with no grinding or any of the “bulkiness” sometimes associated with the 901 tranny.

The acceleration of the car is really the only area that I feel could still use improvement. The vehicle has done a lot more sitting than being driven for the last several years. The dual carbs likely just need dialed into one another as often happens with twin carb setups (I personally prefer the original mfi, but I didn’t build this one!). The car rides on Centerline type wheels (quite pricey I understand), with excellent tires, and great brakes. There are also performance coil overs down below, lowering the car for a sporty (but not rough) ride.

In all, this vehicle really needs nothing, and is ready to be enjoyed at once. It’s certainly not a concourse car, but definitely an excellent driver, great for the street or perfect for the track. The only issue in my book that would benefit from prompt attention would be the acceleration. It’s okay, but I just know that there is more in there (I’ve had several of these great cars, and have a pretty good idea of what they’re capable of). In the interest of disclosure, I also noticed that the odometer doesn't currently appear to be turning either. The speedo and tach are fine though, and function normally. After five 914s (and 30 some Porsches), I can honestly rate this one at the top of my 914 ownership list as far as overall condition, rust free-ness and presentation. It’s a very straight, solid car. There are a few minor cosmetic imperfections upon close inspection (small stone chips, missing rear bumper drain plug, rear wheel center cap, front windshield decal beginning to peal, etc). These are light cosmetic touches that can be patched up this winter or while otherwise enjoying this fun car. Much of the restoration work is now several years old, but it’s as nice a performance minded 914 you’ll find for reasonable money. 914s are now appreciating at early 911 rates, so steal it now while you still can. More pictures are available, and serious candidates feel free to request any more shots you'd like to see. Call 574-361-5315 to discuss or arrange an appointment to see the car in person. Or email stphnsns@aol.com for questions. Vehicle condition is subjective. I’m picky about my cars, but I recommend a personal inspection so you can make a decision yourself. Car is located in Elkhart, IN. Asking $7,995 OBO. SOLD!!