Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rainy Season
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kkid
Rainy season seems to have arrived here in Northern California. I am new to 914 and SF Bay Area.

I have seen many 914s that don't have a battery cover and noticed some 914 don't even have a rain tray either. My 914 still does have a rain tray but didn't have a battery cover when I bought it. My 914 is a daily driver. It's not a weekend driver or track racer.

How does you 914 survive in the rainy season?

Thanks in advance bye1.gif

Root_Werks
Around here in the PNW we are always in the rainy season. Keep all your seals in good shape, replace what you can. Certainly keep your rain tray in place and get a gel cell Optima red top battery or some sort of battery that doesn't leak acid all over your paint.

Check and clean your 914 often during the winter, leaves, tree needles etc.
rhodyguy
get one of perry kheil's (sp?) umbrella covers for parking outdoors. easy to remove/install in a hurry and small enough to stash in one of the trunks.
Cap'n Krusty
.............or just buy a battery cover .................

The Cap'n
tronporsche
I can't believe no one has said this yet......DON'T DRIVE YOUR 914 IN THE RAIN !!!! Upon research, you will fiind what the rain can and will eventually do to your 914. I don't have a rain tray, or a battery cover, I don't even have a stock lid. I have a G.T. lid, but it doesn't matter, because I don't drive the car if the street is even wet. My targa top hasn't even been put on the car for probably a year now !!! If you plan on keeping your car for a long period of time, don't drive it in the rain!!! When you wash it, use a hand sponge , do one area at a time and do a simple hand dry.
chris914
I keep my car in the garage those two days of the year.

Rain seems to get evertwhere on a 914.

Check for leaks that gets behind the seats.

Also put some sealer along the tops of the rear lights to keep it out of the trunk.
jsayre914
I cant speak for anyone eles but it SURE IS FUN to drive the 914 in the rain. Other than the fog that starts to appear on the inside of the windshield. I bought the car to drive it and drive it I will biggrin.gif I always dry the car completly after the rain. My seals are all good other than the three pc windshield seal. Those two leaks only happen when at a stop, I need to save money for that fix. I also keep it in the garage when idle. driving.gif
Ericv1

Make sure your seals are in good condition. Get a red top optima battery. I try not to drive it in the rain however, I live in Ohio so it rains here frequently. Dry the car off after each rain and you should eb fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.