Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Tug of War! LE Creamsicle VS 914 Turbo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
914rrr
Here is the situation.

We have the wife's Creamsicle and the husband's 914 turbo. The creamsicle needs complete restoration. The husband states the turbo, even though already a beautiful 914, needs some things to make it roadworthy. Of course, some of the things are cosmetic and really don't pertain to its driving ability.

Here is the issue.

The wife has been buying things for the LE, such as a '74 parts car with near perfect interior parts. The husband started going through the parts car, and was pulling things off saying "I can use that for my car". The wife ordered a spoiler for her LE, and the husband said "I can use that for my car since the DAPO ran over something and broke the spoiler on mine".

Vote: Whose 914 should be first priority? driving-girl.gif or driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
I think Nel should get her car done first since it was priority before the turbo was even around...again.

However, if the turbo is a daily for Rob I guess there is an excuse to put the "project" on hold to get the daily up to par.
type47
sorry, but driving-girl.gif
smg914
I think that Nel should get whatever she wants, whenever she wants it.
dlestep
...I cannot believe that you need 914world forum to figure that out...
YOUR WIFE'S CAR has the highest priority...
...give her the parts back and help her finish it...
914rrr
QUOTE(smg914 @ Nov 1 2008, 10:01 PM) *

I think that Nel should get whatever she wants, whenever she wants it.

Thanks Steve! beerchug.gif

Nel
914rrr
QUOTE(dlestep @ Nov 1 2008, 10:05 PM) *

...I cannot believe that you need 914world forum to figure that out...
YOUR WIFE'S CAR has the highest priority...
...give her the parts back and help her finish it...

aktion035.gif
914rrr
Let it be known that this poll was HER idea, not mine. I also told her the results would naturally be skewed in her favor. mad.gif

Come on guys, give me a break!

Rob
914rrr
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 1 2008, 10:00 PM) *

sorry, but driving-girl.gif

biggrin.gif Thanks!
914rrr
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 1 2008, 10:00 PM) *

I think Nel should get her car done first since it was priority before the turbo was even around...again.

However, if the turbo is a daily for Rob I guess there is an excuse to put the "project" on hold to get the daily up to par.

Very true, but my poor LE needs surgery and I want her to be well.

driving-girl.gif
markb
If the wife is happy, the husband is happy. If the wife is unhappy, her whole world pays. Make the wife happy.
ericread
Well, since it's widely known you cannot turbo a 914, it is obvious that the work should proceed on a project that has a chance of success.

This means I can only vote driving-girl.gif

Eric Read lol3.gif
Johny Blackstain
Forget the fact that she's your wife... it's a creamsicle914.jpg !

orthobiz
um,
1. post some pics
2. this is a thread, not a poll!

Paul
jc914
if Wife is happy hubby happy driving-girl.gif creamsicle914.jpg
JRust
I say scrap the creamsicle & go finish the turbo! I'm sure she'd be happy in something more modern biggrin.gif

On a totally unrelated topic & completely unself serving. Should you decide to part with the nice parts for the creamsicle. I happen to know of someone (myself piratenanner.gif ) who is restoring a creamsicle. I know he could sure use a nice dash & seats happy11.gif Again completely unrelated to my vote on the project stirthepot.gif
914rrr
Nel is very happy with how this vote is going! dancinnanner.gif

Click to view attachment

Rob on the other hand is not so pleased! headbang.gif

Click to view attachment
bcheney
Rob, I learned a long time ago that "yes dear" is one key to a happy and abundant life. Anytime.... any of us men are blessed with a good woman that also truly has a passion for teeners we need to step aside when they ask us to. Hang in there smile.gif

Brian
914rrr
QUOTE(bcheney @ Nov 1 2008, 11:56 PM) *

Rob, I learned a long time ago that "yes dear" is one key to a happy and abundant life. Anytime.... any of us men are blessed with a good woman that also truly has a passion for teeners we need to step aside when they ask us to. Hang in there smile.gif

Brian

I know I am lucky to have a wife that crossed over to the "dark side" a while ago. When we first got together questions from the wife were "What the hell is that, and what is it doing in our driveway?" that soon changed to "Hey Honey, look what I bought today. It's already transferred and titled!"

When I was out pulling items off the parts car, she grabbed a screwdriver and starting removing parts for her car. This is where the tug of war started.

Rob
scotty b
Simple.

Do YOUR car first = Nel leaves you, you have to sell your car to afford legal bills, cheap whiskey and fat Soviet hookers

Do HER car first = you get it sheeplove.gif whenever you want, you get FREE REIGN on your car, your car ends up nicer and your marriage will last

Got it ????
914rrr
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 2 2008, 12:06 AM) *

Simple.

Do YOUR car first = Nel leaves you, you have to sell your car to afford legal bills, cheap whiskey and fat Soviet hookers

Do HER car first = you get it sheeplove.gif whenever you want, you get FREE REIGN on your car, your car ends up nicer and your marriage will last

Got it ????

av-943.gif

Good point!
championgt1
Rob, your car is very nice looking in the pictures. It can't NEED that much done to it. Finish it first, then the LE. It sounds like it needs more work. driving.gif

Sorry Nel!!
3d914
Rob,

If you have a wife that is really into 914's enough to buy a parts car to upgrade hers - you really need to get your priorities straight. Bend over backwards and help her get her car done so you can enjoy them both - together. driving-girl.gif driving.gif

Have fun,
LarryR
Dang man I wish my wife was that into any kind of early car. If she found and purchased a parts car I would fall out of my chair. I would be so happy to have someone else in the house that enjoys building, and driving old cars I would build theirs first.

My wifes idea of ruffing it is when the check engine light comes on in her passat.

beerchug.gif
azbill
Rob or Nel needs a LE front spoiler. I have one that I might not use. Maybe we can work something out.

Bill
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(914rrr @ Nov 1 2008, 05:50 PM) *

The wife has been buying things for the LE, such as a '74 parts car with near perfect interior parts. The husband started going through the parts car, and was pulling things off saying "I can use that for my car". The wife ordered a spoiler for her LE, and the husband said "I can use that for my car since the DAPO ran over something and broke the spoiler on mine".

Ask nice, and maybe she'll let you have some parts off HER parts car... slap.gif and you don't want an LE spoiler on your turbo.
hot_shoe914
As an owner of a Bumble BeeClick to view attachment that needs restoration and the former owner of an LE, Click to view attachmentI vote for the LE. However, if you let me have the LE spoiler I just might change my vote for the turbo.

SHOE
carr914
Rob, I've known you and Nel a long time. Anybody that has a wife that lets you play with toys, should already know how to share. Also the way it sounds, the parts car is hers, so you better keep your hands off it. Remember Loreena Bobbitt? Sleep well

T.C.
IronHillRestorations
C'mon Rob, you live in the south, you should know that "if Momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy"!!
Gint
agree.gif

You must have posted this purely for entertainment value Rob.
rick 918-S
Are you nuckin Futs? First, your a lucky guy. Your wife is all about the 914. Second, the amount of money you spend and the amount of effort you extend to get the wifes car looking trick is a direct reflection on the amount of money you spend on yours and the amount of effort she expends keeping you pleased. Iffen you know what I mean...
dw914er
finish the le first.
RJMII
Is this really a concern? get another parts car and work on them together! Nothing like Friday night date night in the garage...

"Toss me the 13 mm end wrench, hun..."
spare time toys
I gotta go with driving-girl.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(914rrr @ Nov 1 2008, 08:52 PM) *

Nel is very happy with how this vote is going! dancinnanner.gif

Click to view attachment

Rob on the other hand is not so pleased! headbang.gif

Click to view attachment

My God, man. Get a grip. I'm not even married and I know the answer to this one.

If a man is in the forest and a tree falls, is he still wrong? confused24.gif chair.gif
IronHillRestorations
Now see I thought that was "If a man makes a statement, and there isn't a woman around to hear it, is he still wrong?"
Ericv1

I think it's wonderful that you have a wife that's into 914's. Complete her car first and you'll both be happy. Then you can play the " remeber we completed your car first honey" card.
KELTY360
QUOTE(9146986 @ Nov 2 2008, 04:25 PM) *

Now see I thought that was "If a man makes a statement, and there isn't a woman around to hear it, is he still wrong?"

You say potato and I say tomato, but the answer is still YES! driving-girl.gif
davep
Oh man! There is really no choice here at all. You won't get out of jail if the warden is unhappy. creamsicle914.jpg
914rrr
We're currently out of town with limited 'puter access, so I'll have to post more when we get back home on Weds.

In the meantime, OK, I get it, she wins. dry.gif Actually, we're working on a compromise plan. More details later.

I do consider myself quite lucky. Hell, she's been bugging ME to go back to the local Pull-A-Part yard so she could 'rip more stuff off of old cars'. She found it to be very therapuetic!

Rob
Eric_Shea
Rob,

Watch for tell-tale signs, clues and various well placed words:

(1) FINE: this is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) FIVE MINUTES: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five Minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) NOTHING: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) GO AHEAD: This is a dare, not permission. DON'T DO IT!

(5) LOUD SIGH: This is actually not a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) THAT'S OKAY: This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistakes.

(7) THANKS: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says "THANKS A LOT" - that is pure sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say "You're welcome" ... that will bring on a "whatever")

(8) WHATEVER: Is a woman's way of saying Screw You!

(9) DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, I GOT IT: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking "What's Wrong?"
john grier
If I read this right She bought the parts car.
Parts are hers.
What ever is left over you might could use if she has no other need for them.
sww914
If you have to ask, you're screwed. Or not, as the case may be. biggrin.gif
914rrr
MY HUBBY WINS!!!!

This was a great thread! And yes Gint, the entertainment factor was hilarious! But my hubby just took me on a great weekend get-a-way, and he was just amazing. I know how much his turbo means to him, and since I am still bonding with my creamsicle, I have conceded. I want him to have the best 2008 ever! And that means having his turbo completed and ready by Christmas.

All of you gave some great comments. Look for my thread next year on my LE restoration!

driving-girl.gif
carr914
WHAT?
914rrr
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 5 2008, 07:28 PM) *

WHAT?

Yes TC...

A good jacuzzi, and some private time made for a VERY understanding wife.

driving-girl.gif
carr914
QUOTE(914rrr @ Nov 5 2008, 07:34 PM) *

WHAT?

Yes TC...

driving-girl.gif

Nel, you are one Super-Woman. I'm sure I speak for all us single guys - How many sisters do you have? biggrin.gif

T.C.
914rrr
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 5 2008, 07:37 PM) *

QUOTE(914rrr @ Nov 5 2008, 07:34 PM) *

WHAT?

Yes TC...

driving-girl.gif

Nel, you are one Super-Woman. I'm sure I speak for all us single guys - How many sisters do you have? biggrin.gif

T.C.

Thanks TC! No sisters. Just love my husband after 21 years together. smlove2.gif
sww914
Ahhh! He got the parts car for a bottle of wine and a bearskin rug. Bargain!
smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
bcheney
True Love
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.