Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A new look for this 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
This was the old look and the new look.
boxstr
The new look...Not completed yet, 2" top chop and flares, no headlites, door handles missing(electric) solid top, one piece side windows.
Rand
sexy Craig. Damn, my welder wants a piece of that!
sixnotfour
pretty darn nice metal work
boxstr
solid top, side rockers flared
Rand
Oy. Here we go with the top secret behind the scenes stuff already going on junk. Buncha teases. tongue.gif Geeeez.

Looking damn cool! Guess we better sit back and watch. popcorn[1].gif

Wilhelm
Nice!
Are you using plastic or glass for the one piece side windows? If glass, what are they out of?
boxstr
Stay tuned for further developments...
Todd Enlund
Damn. Not sure I'd fit with the top chopped, but... Damn.
tronporsche
Lookin good. I have to imagine the reason for not wanting a removable top is being sick of the weather getting in the car, and possibly making it a racer ?
So.Cal.914
Wow.
plymouth37
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
r_towle
Please talk about how you are doing the glass.

Windshield and door glass....two guys here really want to know.....

Rich
LarryR
Thats pretty awesome. I was looking at your rockers, did you fab up some extensions or does someone sell some weld on extensions.

One other question, Those flares seem a little larger than 916 flares. Is this an optical illusion or did you get something other than the auto atlanta flares?
Gint
Didn't you sell that car like 2 or 3 times already?
RJMII
I think it just looks more at home on jackstands. =o)

IPB Image
boxstr
All of the metal work is fabbed. The flares are extended factory GT type flares. The glass is still in the works.
Yes, this car was sold twice.
PanelBilly
Love the steel rockers. I want to make my own too. I like the idea of making them out of three sections. Then each flared part is made specific to that corner of the car. Have you engineered a way to build the front and rear valance yet?
Eric Taylor
I honestly don't know what to say. This car has been one I lusted after for a LONG time. Saw it at WCC in portland and would have given anything to have it. That red interior really does it for me. So I'm torn - this is awesome work, very cool vision, but couldn't it have been another car!
TC 914-8
Hi Craig, Looks wild, Great job on the flairs.
There was a guy in Chicago who was selling a V8 car a while ago, who did the same thing with the top. He said he," laid back the A pillars and fit in Miata side windows" maybe thats a starting point for the windows. I added a pict. I dont know if it shows much.
What steel top did you use it looks like a 911? The Hood adds alot to the look where are the headlights going?
Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Craig, since you have a history with this car...any chance you can tell me the VIN and verify whether it was an LE or not?
boxstr
Jeff,No it is not an LE, it was original black 914.
The buyer selected this 914 to be the one he wanted to make his dream car and that is what he is getting.
Better to start with a really good platform than try to work through alot of rust and problems that you do not need to.
Go to http://www.aandmdeluxecustoms.com/gallery for more pics
CCL
Wilhelm
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Nov 2 2008, 11:43 AM) *

Hi Craig, Looks wild, Great job on the flairs.
There was a guy in Chicago who was selling a V8 car a while ago, who did the same thing with the top. He said he," laid back the A pillars and fit in Miata side windows" maybe thats a starting point for the windows. I added a pict. I dont know if it shows much.
What steel top did you use it looks like a 911? The Hood adds alot to the look where are the headlights going?
Click to view attachment

This red car is essentially a Monterey from Beach Boys Racing. The window frame was cut at the bottom and tilted back. Yes these were early miata windows. I built one of these Montereys in the early '90s but with a fabric convertible top.
Root_Werks
Hey, I remember that car. Wow! What a change! Looks great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.