Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: windshield wiper rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biggy72
Does anyone sell a kit to rebuild the windshield wipers? My wipers work, but they are really sloppy. I looked around and searched on here but I didn't see anything anywhere.
914Sixer
The first thing you need to check is to see if the wave washer is under the black nut cap. This keeps tension on the wiper arm. Unbolt the arms. Are the arms mounting holes okay? Are the pivots worn out on the wiper rack(are there ridges all the way around)? If so replace wiper rack.
Joe Owensby
I just bought a brush holder and brushes for my wiper motor from Automobile Atlanta. Regarding service from them, I called the order in for these along with a bunch of other items on Wednesday, and it was here by Friday. I have always had good service.

I haven't put the brushes in yet. I may need to have the armature turned. I am replacing the carb fuel pump I now have up front with a high pressure pump for a new FI system, so I intend to do the wiper motor upgrade while the tank is out. They also sell armatures for about $65 or so I think. You can disconnect the wiper linkage from the motor while it is still in the car to see if it is binding, as the pervious response said. If the linkage is OK, the motor is weak. JoeO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.