Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Street Wheels/Tires and spare
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
What 4 bolt 'modern' wheels will fit my 4? Like the look of 17's and a space saver spare would be nice. Doing more street driving than expected, wearing out the race tires, and don't want to go to 5 bolt.
F4i
These are about the only 17" I have found. A bit $$$ but they are good wheels.revolution
Panasport make wheels as well.
Howard
thanks. but probably should ask it this way. any particular 'modern' car model that has the same pattern/width/offset? say 914 to a wheel supplier and 'huh?' is the usual answer.
Demick
QUOTE(Howard @ Feb 10 2004, 08:32 AM)
any particular 'modern' car model that has the same pattern/width/offset?  say 914 to a wheel supplier and 'huh?' is the usual answer.

That's because there isn't one.
F4i
Pattern you will not find. Nobody makes a production 4X130 except for old VW clones and the offset on them is wrong for any kind of wide tire. Most modern ricer wheels are 4X100. You can get them in just about any offset though.
Gary
Howard,

You can look - the bolt pattern is 4X130. The only cars that have this I'm aware of are aircooled VW's (typically not enough offset) or our 914s...

Stock alloy 4-bolt fuchs, pedrinnis, or mahles alloys are great wheels - light and strong, and can be had reasonably.
tat2dphreak
a machine shop can re-drill your rotors to 4x100 and then you could use many(most) modern wheels... but the more inexpenve thing is to get a set of fuchs or any of the other wheels mentioned that already fit the 914...
Howard
thanks, everyone. have an extra set of american racing mags, but one isn't real true. i'll get that fixed. the motor trend concept 914 with the 20's or so just looked pretty good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.