Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cairo94507
Greetings to all of you. I am brand new to 914World.com and wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am married, over 50 and live in the San Ramon Valley of the SF Bay Area. I have owned 4 914's during my life -3 1970 914-6's and 1 1973 914 2.0 AG. I am not sure if that makes me an addict but I have loved these cars since my first 914, the '73. I sold my last 6 in 1996.

I recently sold my 2001 Acura NSX-T and have been thinking about what my next toy might be. I have also owned several 911 coupes, the last being a 1997 993 C2S.

I was googling 914-6 pictures on day and found Patrick Motorsports and was amazed at their cars. I happened to be in Phoenix, Arizona earlier this year and made it a point to stop by Patrick Motorsports and tour their incredible shop. All I can say is if I were a multi-millionaire I would love to have them build me a turn-key 6. If you ever find yourself in Phoenix, do yourself a favor and stop by their business. I fell in love with the 914 all over again. I was like a kid in a candy store!

I am hoping to be able to buy another 914-6 in the next two years for a fun driver on my days off. I would really like to find an Ivory one this time. I have owned Irish Green, Orange and Yellow. The Irish Green was the most sorted car with a 3.0 with CIS, side-shifter, oil coolers w/thermostat, brakes and suspension. The bodies of all of my 914's have always been stock.

I would love to do a 6 with a stock 3.6 and steel GT flares that could be a very street driveable car. I will be trying to catch up on the 914 world by reading everything I can find about these great little cars on this forum.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone via their posts, pictures, etc.
Cairo
SirAndy
welcome.png

And yes, a 914 with a 3.6L is a lot of fun!
biggrin.gif Andy
StratPlayer
welcome.png
KELTY360

welcome.png

Good luck finding that -6.
Lou W
welcome.png
messix
welcome.png and this place is full of old farts happy11.gif
Cairo94507
QUOTE(Lou W @ Nov 2 2008, 01:57 PM) *

welcome.png

Thanks; I just know that my 3.0 w/CIS was wickedly quick. I can't imagine how quick the 3.6 would be with all that torque. I am a pretty patient person so I am in no rush. Also, I am still toying with the idea of a 914-4 converted to a 6 so I don't take a stock 6 and cut it up.
KELTY360
QUOTE(messix @ Nov 2 2008, 03:04 PM) *

welcome.png and this place is full of old farts happy11.gif

Hey! I may be old, but my farts are new....and frequent. bootyshake.gif
zymurgist
welcome.png

Sounds like you have excellent taste in cars.
jc914
welcome.png
championgt1
welcome.png You came to the right place. Lots of great info, and people here.
rick 918-S
Happy hunting! welcome.png assimilate.gif
markb
welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.