Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did some ice racing sunday!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
But only in the explorer...

One 914 did show up however, pics here

http://gwl.rmsolo.org/EIS-04
Ferg
914 content laugh.gif
brant
greg curtis' 914...
nice car.
he writes our challenge series rule for local

brant
kafermeister
So... Isit a real creamcicle?

R
AZ914
Creamsicle!

Must be real but moded. Who would paint their car like that on purpose? laugh.gif Wrong wheels, no rear bumper tits, spoiler, flares..

Who knows? Cool pic though!
Ferg
It's real as far as I know, it's a dedicated track car in our area. Brant prolly knows for sure, I met the couple who race it once, nice people.

FYI they had studs, 2wd NEEDED studs that day, lots of blowing drifts on the lake.

I spun the ford and highsided it in a two foot drift, on my second run blink.gif

Corner working sucked, 50mph wind gust at about 18 degrees, who knows what the wind chill was, but it was worth it.

Ferg.
PatW
Let me guess. This is like before "Drifting" but done on Ice instead?
brant
Yeah.. its a real creamsicle
He also owns a:

2004 GT3
2001 Boxter S
conversion -6 PCA gt4 car (damn fast)
wifey's 2003 gti
and the creamsicle.

creamsicle is fully pca club race class "I" legal.
thus the different wheels, bumper, and rabbit flares.
Greg has had the car the whole 15 years or so that I've been in the club.

We ran against each other many times over that period.. and ran club races against each other as well... When he build up the killer gt4 car he sort of demoted the creamsicle to DE status and occasional street car.

He and walt fricke (of rennlist racing/911 notoriety) are our two chairs for our local DE rules that we call "challenge series"

Greg is a great guy, and Norma is an angel. She has run the DE timing for years now... (ferg ask christine if she wants a summer DE timing job, it got A/C and norma wants a break) They are both amazingly nice people... I believe that greg may be doing his own motors/trannys/and fab work now.
Since he bought the GT3, I haven't seen the creamsicle on the track.. The GT3 rocks on the track though..

brant
rick 918-S
That 914 is COOOL! (pun intended! laugh.gif ) Is he a member?
brant
I don't think he is a member...
I've never seen him on any internet based sites...
I'm guessing he doesn't have the time....

I know he is a lawyer, and I know he gets about twice the amount of car work done that I do.... so I doubt he is spending any time on line.

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.