Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My New 914-6 Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ellisor3
Hello Everyone

I have been reading post for several months, waiting on my project to arrive. Bought it from a guy in Ohio and had it sent to AA for some metal repairs. Turned out to be a lot of metal repairs. Had to wait to get it here to post some pics. Body is in pretty good shape, paint is much better than expected, 3.0 engine but has Zenith Carbs, which have been a PIA to get adjusted. I am upgrading to 5 lug, purchased a 911 front suspension and rear hubs from DC automotive, should arrive today. Also have purchased flares. I nearly purchased a 914 20 years ago to restore and always regretted not doing it. Now I really took the plunge. I have one question before the pics. HOW SOON BEFORE I GET DIVORCED?

Most of the repaires in the pics have been repaired. Sean at AA did a great job.

James

Click to view attachment

Edit: Duplicate threads merged into one.
ellisor3
Hello Everyone

I have been reading post for several months, waiting on my project to arrive. Bought it from a guy in Ohio and had it sent to AA for some metal repairs. Turned out to be a lot of metal repairs. Had to wait to get it here to post some pics. Body is in pretty good shape, paint is much better than expected, 3.0 engine but has Zenith Carbs, which have been a PIA to get adjusted. I am upgrading to 5 lug, purchased a 911 front suspension and rear hubs from DC automotive, should arrive today. Also have purchased flares. I nearly purchased a 914 20 years ago to restore and always regretted not doing it. Now I really took the plunge. I have one question before the pics. HOW SOON BEFORE I GET DIVORCED?

Most of the repaires in the pics have been repaired. Sean at AA did a great job.

James

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
degreeoff
great job!

As to your question,

I believe you take proposed hours on the car resto and divide by the actual hours then multiply by the square root of the years you have been married then figure the rough $$ value of repairs needed and add that to the above. Once this is calculated subtract the number of missed anniversaries and that should be close to TTBD (total time before divorce)

Josh....lol
jc914
welcome.png If you keep the invoices hidden and buy her gifts at random times she will be happy and so will you and your 914
dr914@autoatlanta.com
better than spending money on your girlfriend! You wife should be happy that her man is busy in the garage with his 914 within earshot of her wishes!!!!!!
ellisor3
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 4 2008, 12:02 PM) *

better than spending money on your girlfriend! You wife should be happy that her man is busy in the garage with his 914 within earshot of her wishes!!!!!!

George,

Did you mean earshot or gunshot?
As my two boys were helping me put away all the parts I ordered, my youngest one asked "What is all this stuff?"
I simply responded: "Your college fund"
James

Twise
All you have to do is give her a new SUV every year. Works for me. I just point at it and say, "you have the nice new car". Good luck...
sww914
Don't forget, besides the money, it takes 7 years to restore a 914.
ellisor3
QUOTE(sww914 @ Nov 4 2008, 06:17 PM) *

Don't forget, besides the money, it takes 7 years to restore a 914.

Hey Steve,

I am feeling better and better about this all the time, considering I told my wife all the house projects would have to wait until the car was finished, thanks to your comment, I just bought myself 7 years of no house projects, thanks a bunch.

What size wheels are those you have and where did you get them? Is your car a wide body or GT?

James
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.