Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two Awesome Vendors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
soloracer
When I am happy with the customer service I received I promised myself that I would spread the news. So here it is....

I was considering transmission/flywheel/clutch options so thought I would call Windrush (WEVO) and get some info on their products. I spoke to Hayden who patiently spent over 1/2 an hour answering my general transmission questions. I got the impression from my conversation with him that he is a straight arrow who tells it like it is and doesn't try and sell you something you don't need. If my Vellios sideshifting transmission has any difficulties at all I know where I am going to get it fixed right.

The other vendor I would like to praise is Kennedy Engineered Products. I've probably been a pain in the ass for Hobart Kennedy over the last few months with all the questions I was asking regarding adapter plates and clutches. When I finally ordered my adapter plate he told me they were behind by about a month but that they would make mine up as soon as they could and that they would call me when it was ready to ship. He also told me that I would not be charged until it was ready to go. Today I got the call - only a week after I first placed the order. He said that he would have shipped today but that to send it by USPS he has to go to the post office and he won't be able to do that until tomorrow. So why is he shipping it USPS? To save me the B.S. brokerage fees and duties that UPS charges.

Both of these guys in my opinion are tops at customer service and I trust their products are amoung the best as well. I've dealt with some really problem cases when getting stuff for my 944 turbo and RX7 turbo and really appreciate the assistance these guys are willing to give. It's nice to be treated like a human being and not just a cheque book for a change.
Joe Bob
Kennedy are nice people....but they have been behind for twenty years.....I've only had one item shipped within a week and it was a throw out bearing....just the way they do bidness....
biosurfer1
i dont mind a place being behind, its understandable, however that puts even more pressure on that company to deliver when they say they will. i get a hell of lot more mad if a company takes a week and a half to deliver something they said would take a week, than if they would have said a week and a half in the first place. i have alot respect for companies that come though like promised.
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(soloracer @ Feb 10 2004, 06:47 PM)
When I am happy with the customer service I received I promised myself that I would spread the news.

Hey soloracer,

Mind if I join with you in giving some thanks to a vendor? Late last year I called Dave at TRIAD to order an exhaust for my car that I was hoping to receive pretty quickly. He explained he was leaving town the next day and it would be about a week before he returned and could get one fabricated.

I guess he sensed the disappointment I felt because the next day I received an email that said he had an exhaust hanging on the wall with the paint drying and he was shipping my exhaust as soon as it was dry....which means he spent the evening fabricating the exhaust.

I don't think you get much of that in the days we now live in.

So Dave, here is a 3 round salute! beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
LS6/914
Ah yes the stories I can tell about customer service & promised deliveries specific to certain V8 914 suppliers mad.gif I will excuse myself now and go for a beer3.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 10 2004, 05:23 PM)
Kennedy are nice people....but they have been behind for twenty years.....I've only had one item shipped within a week and it was a throw out bearing....just the way they do bidness....

It's really just a matter of spin. He shouldn't say they're behind but rather "scheduled a week out." As long as they deliver when promised they should never say they're behind.

Hell I'm just glad they are there to provide weird adapter parts for VW's / Porsche's and make enough money to stay in business.
Joe Bob
Well, NOT my words....that's what they tell everyone. I guess I always call during thier busy time....spot on for the 20+ years I have bought from him.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.