Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's it worth, thread.. 914-6 motor and trans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Racer
Someone asked me what the value is to their original, 914-6 motor and trans. I was also asked if these would be worth more together or separated. The motor came with the car years ago and hasn't been run in a long time, so obviously determining if it works greatly impacts value.

Anyone willing to post some price ranges for the items? Also, what would the carbs be worth on their own (they were recently rebuilt and used on another motor)?

Thanks!
degreeoff
good running order maybe 3-4k (for both) as an unknown its a core.....carbs with TIGHT shafts and webers 2k+(-) subtract from above if separated.

Josh
shaggy
what carbs?
with or without oil tank?
how many mi?
compression?
syncro condition?
clutch condition?
ect.
carr914
What's the engine #?
Racer
QUOTE(shaggy @ Nov 4 2008, 06:16 PM) *

what carbs?
with or without oil tank?
how many mi?
compression?
syncro condition?
clutch condition?
ect.

1) Weber 40s iirc. They were rebuilt recently and used on a 3.0(?) motor that has since been replaced.
2) no oil tank (the car is now sporting a 3.4l and has kept the stock tank)
3-6) - no idea. The person that asked me wasn't sure himself. The motor and trans came with the car when he bought it several years ago. At the time the items were not installed in the car accurate condition is not known by me. Mileage is also an unknown.
brant
only my opinion

to the person who wants to have a numbers matching motor in the original chassis then the value is high...

obviously your friend is not that person and not intending to use his car a show car, concours toy.

So given that your market is no longer someone trying to build a numbers matching car.

I'd say 500-1000 for the motor
another 300-500 for the tranny

I didn't understand if you were or were not selling the carbs
the IDT carbs are the least desireable of the webbers, and have some passages in them that are more restrictive (for a performance application) than the IDA's
If your selling the carbs, that is another 1200-1400, again depending completely on the throttle shaft wear (not something that is addressed in a standard rebuild)

sorry if those numbers feel low
but its the truth

I don't think these cars have reached collector status that would make your block valuable by number (in the way a 1973 911S block holds its value)

you have a core motor with the least desireable heads, block, cylinders of all of the 911 motors ever made.

you have a tranny with a valuable 2nd gear mainshaft

brant
PeeGreen 914
agree.gif You have to figure you need to rebuild everything and that can cost you more than you'd expect due to the unknown condition.
Krieger
I sold an original working 6 trans with linkage at the Parts Heaven swap 6/05 for $600. If thats specific enough for you.
LarryR
I would say engine with carbs might bring around 2k engine... carbs alone 1k engine alone might bring less than the combo since when people see an unknown quantity long block with no redeaming qualities it tends to go cheap.

there is a 2.4 on CL that a guy has been trying to sell for a couple of months now for 1k...

trans duno
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.