Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about re-installing 1.7 FI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kpfoten

Hi,

I've got a single Weber on my '73 1.7 and am considering returning to the FI setup for obvious reasons... smile.gif

I was wondering if the setup is interchangeable over the years (IE you can put a '72 FI on a '73?)?

Dr Evil
You can so long as you keep all the components together: CHT, MPS, etc.
kpfoten
I have an SVDA dizzy--do I need a different one? The PO put an 009 on, I switched it to an SVDA. My other option is a set of Webers and a new cam... Hmm.....
Bleyseng
you need a Djet dizzy, a ECU 1.7, all the injectors, CSV, AAR valve, and a good MPS for a 1.7L. Easy 30mpg and if you use the early ECU with the gas shut off, 40 highway is possible.
kpfoten

Great! Thanks--

Now I am looking into wiring--the PO cut/taped things up. Just wondering if there was a fast way of finding what wires I need off the main harness/what colors to look for?? I'm assuming fuel pump and main power/ground for the harness?

Looks like I may have to go digging...

type47
you need to study the wiring diagram, unfortunately, the 70-72 diagram is too hard for me to read, i like the 73-on current flow diagrams. they are either here or on pelican parts. the 70-72 is a wiring diagram and the whole car diagram fits on one page mad.gif so the diagram is real small. also, see brad anders site as he shows parts of each system.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.