1973 Porsche 914/6 Race Car with either 2.5 or 2.7 liter engine

it's a long drawn out story as to why we even have this car, but suffice it to say that we DO NOT NEED 3 race cars. We bought this car because we needed the engine for Huey. Up until recently, we've only had one engine that's been swapped between Huey and Papa Smurf and we wanted a nice, strong engine that could stay in Huey, while the one we have stays in Papa Smurf. This car was the solution. So the plan was to take out the engine and trans, and sell it as a rolling chassis....

Great idea, but everyone that was interested in it wanted a motor. So, we purchased a 2.7 liter motor for it. Problem is, the 2.5 that we took out is a pretty darn good race motor: S cams, loves to run at 4000 rpm+, hence not making for a great street car. John Forbes at Black Forest Racing went through the engine and Weber carbs completly and has it running great.

So, before we install the 2.7 into the car, we figured we'd offer it with either motor, and we'll keep the other one for Huey.

I took it on the track last year to get a feel for it, and it handles very well and was very fast. I think it could use a slight alignment and corner balancing. But that's it. Oh, and the harnesses need to be replaced as they are the old style with the multiple pieces that link together. It's very stiff, brakes wonderfully, and drives like a 914 race car should.

Anyway, here's the details:

1973 Porsche 914-6 Track Car

Suspension:
•Koni adjustable shocks.
•Weltmeister Bump Steer kit.
•Reinforced trailing arms.
•911 front A arms.
Brakes:
•Bremtek four piston calipers.
•Carerra drilled and slotted rotors.
•Braided lines.
•1 complete set of replacement pads.
Body:
•Custom safety cage
•Uni-Shield racing seat
•911 gauges.
•Hot Lap timing system.
•Reinforced rear uni-body, full 914 stiffening kit installed
•Stock trunk removed and reinforced with steel tubing.
•914-6 Engine grill.
•Flared fenders (fiberglass).
•Weltmeister Short Shift kit .
•Fuel Cell
•Cool air duct for driver.
•Hood pins
•916 front bumper
•Front mounted oil cooler.
•914-6 factory style rear fender mounted oil tank

Wheels & Tires
•Two complete sets of 7” Cookie Cutter Wheels.
•8 Hoosier 2.25 x 15 front racing tires.
•4 Goodyear 2.75 x 15 rear racing tires.

Price: $11,000 w/o engine/trans - $16,000 with 2.7or 2.5 engine, trans, new clutch, etc...

Give me a call or email me to discuss.
Bob Saville naro@carolina.rr.com or 704.309.5499