Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I can finally start on my winter projects
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So my garage is a big two car tandum garage that at one time I have had three 914s in and could have fit four. However, it has been so cluttered with crap the past few years I just haven't had "project space. The only car i could keep inside was my 914 but it wasn't really enough room to do any big projects. Well, over this past week I have sorted everything out, had a metal recycler out, and took a dump run. After staightening out I am ready to pull my engine, rear suspenion, alittle litening, and do my brake mods now. piratenanner.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

Yes Mr Shea, I do need to send you some of the stuff on my shelves. I will soon I promise. drunk.gif
Root_Werks
Wow, that actually looks like a nice shop to work in. Soooo get to it! laugh.gif
degreeoff
kinda looks like mine! only reversed...I am 40 deep and 12 wide with a "L" at the far end....looks good get ye some heat and do what ya do though beware the temp storage gremlin....it sneaks up on me like a SOB!

Josh
PeeGreen 914
I have a big shed out back I cleaned out for the storage issue. This is MY garage biggrin.gif Yeah, time to get to work. I hope to do some this weekend but I really need to get some work done this week. The market isn't easy right now and I have been busting my ass to make sales. Just need to work a little harder wink.gif I'll post pics when I get to doing some work. Dan I may seek your assistace with a few things if you're up for it biggrin.gif
veltror
Well once the car cam out for its British Rustoration (see thread) it sort of filled out with crap. I do have a pit which you can see and a hyd lift on the edges of the pit. If you look carefully you can see the 2.0l lump rear windows, dahs and a pair of late tan seats
jmill
Man, I really like those seats and belts. Can you show me a couple of pics of those and what brand they are?
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(jmill @ Nov 5 2008, 02:11 PM) *

Man, I really like those seats and belts. Can you show me a couple of pics of those and what brand they are?

Really? They say Sparco really big so I just want to make sure you're not just being a smart ass like I generally am laugh.gif

Here is some other pictures for you.
orthobiz
uhhhh

i'm not sure but i think you have MY car in your garage

please return it pronto!

Paul
PeeGreen 914
laugh.gif blink.gif Damn, I've been doing al this work and it's you car? headbang.gif av-943.gif

I don't have this "muffler" on it anymore but... From when I changed my car from a 2.0l-6 to a 2.4l..... Now I need to do a full rebuild on it. Well, I will be assisting on it. Someone else said they want to do it as to know everything is correctly done wink.gif
greenie
Very nice & tidy Jon!

You probably had plenty of energy conserved ....resting while watching me break -up the fight at the Seahawk game huh? slap.gif
sixnotfour
resting while watching me break -up the fight at the Seahawk game huh?

choose your battles wisely poke.gif
jmill
Thanks for the pics and info. I was checking the forum out at work and they track all my internet useage real close. The IT police there don't let me blow up attached images. I thought they were sparcos but needed to be sure. Thanks, looks real nice.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(greenie @ Nov 5 2008, 05:13 PM) *

Very nice & tidy Jon!

You probably had plenty of energy conserved ....resting while watching me break -up the fight at the Seahawk game huh? slap.gif

Hey, I made sure you were okay. You had everything under control biggrin.gif

Jmill- You're welcome aktion035.gif I wasn't sure if you were just being like me but I see what your problem was now. Yeah, thyey are Sparco and I like them a lot. Sparco really just puts there logo on them and they are truely Schroth belts.
tronporsche
Jon, that is the first time I have seen a side view of your car and interior and engine bay. Very, very nice. Can we see the front dash view please.
PeeGreen 914
Ummm.... I don't know if I have any confused24.gif I'll look through everything and see. If not I'll go take a pic later tonight. It's nothing special... just gauges wink.gif

Thanks for the compliments Tron beerchug.gif
dw914er
nice garage, and jon, your car is beautiful
PeeGreen 914
Thanks Ben.

So when I bought my house I actually bought it only because of the garage. It is a very nice looking house but I wasn't even looking to buy a house when I came out to look at listing it. I looked at the garage and thought I needed to have it as it is perfect for a hobby guy like me biggrin.gif

Okay Tron.... Just for you:

Oh, on the last picture if you look below the extenguisher you see the access for the brake lines. This is where I am going to put my JWest Proportioning valve when I do my brake system piratenanner.gif
tronporsche
Thanks for the pics ! I see you decided to keep some original material, I like that idea. What are you doing in the radio area? I like your pedal covers and floorboard. Your bolster back cover is interesting. What made you decide to remove your center tray ? I want to remove my heater/cooler system and use that space for stereo/entertainment.
PeeGreen 914
I am actually thinking of removing all the heater controls soon and cutting all the exta metal out that doesn't do anything. Then buy some basket weave material and run it along to trim things. I removed the tray because it didn't fit very well between the new seats laugh.gif . I actually liked it being there but I guess I am trying to get rid of as much extra stuff as I can so it would have gone eventually anyhoo. The bolster?

Pedals and pedal board are both Engman. I also have his inner long kit on my car. Great products. My fuse panel is JWest as well as a few other things. Also great products. The only thing that I don't like is that the Rennshifter has ASE fittings WTF.gif Great product though. Just changes the shifting so much you have never felt a 914 shift so well.
tronporsche
It would be interesting for me to drive your car. I have a Weltmeister short shift kit and everything glides real nice, feels like a brand new car.
tronporsche
Bolster ? your back pad. What is that You have there ? Is that a speaker box behind the drivers seat ?
PeeGreen 914
I used to have one of those and after having this the short sifter feels archaic. Seriously one of the best things you can do for your 914 is put a Rennshift in there.

My car will be down for about three months but if you are in the area after that you are more than welcome to drive it. beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(tronporsche @ Nov 6 2008, 12:21 AM) *

Bolster ? your back pad. What is that You have there ? Is that a speaker box behind the drivers seat ?

Oh, no, it is just the firewall. It is nicely painted black wink.gif The only music I hear in my car is my IPod or 2.4L's of sex aktion035.gif
TC 914-8
Hi Jon, The Car and the garage look sharp, I can't help but noticing the nice set of golf clubs behind your car. You and Greenie will have to come out to Sequim and play at the dry, some what sunny Dungeness course this winter. After the Seahawks miss the playoffs. poke.gif .It sounds like Greenie had to give the fans something to cheer about.
Here is a pict of the two other women in my life.

Good luck on the winter project

Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif Yeah Tony, I love to golf. My father in law is a very good golfer and has been teaching me things to improve my game. Curt and I should seriously come over next year for a game or two.
davesprinkle
Sorry to highjack this thread, but what is the brand of your fire extinguisher? I've been looking for one with a decent (ie. metal) mounting bracket and a folding handle. Looks like you've got what I've been unable to find...
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Nov 7 2008, 10:30 AM) *

Sorry to highjack this thread, but what is the brand of your fire extinguisher? I've been looking for one with a decent (ie. metal) mounting bracket and a folding handle. Looks like you've got what I've been unable to find...

It's called Max Out or Hal Guard. I don't remember which one I bought. You can get them from most race prep places. I think the least I have seen them for is Paragon-products. beerchug.gif
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 7 2008, 09:29 AM) *

piratenanner.gif Yeah Tony, I love to golf. My father in law is a very good golfer and has been teaching me things to improve my game. Curt and I should seriously come over next year for a game or two.

Sounds good, I play close to every Saturday, I'll skip golf for AX next year, though. I can also come your way, when it isn't too soggy.
Twise
Man thats funny - I am doing the same thing in my garage right now. Mine is a three car, but we moved into it from a 4 1/2 car garage. I got shit everywhere. I aint even posting pictures til it is clean. I got so busy here at the shop this year I didn't even wanna wrench at home. So, it just kept accumilating junk. Now with the boat it is full of wakeboards and vests and all that crap as well. Yours is looking good - so get to work...
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Twise @ Nov 7 2008, 02:51 PM) *

Man thats funny - I am doing the same thing in my garage right now. Mine is a three car, but we moved into it from a 4 1/2 car garage. I got shit everywhere. I aint even posting pictures til it is clean. I got so busy here at the shop this year I didn't even wanna wrench at home. So, it just kept accumilating junk. Now with the boat it is full of wakeboards and vests and all that crap as well. Yours is looking good - so get to work...

piratenanner.gif Already am wink.gif

You need to get all the crap out of there and organize the rest asap. I let mine sit for too long and it was adding to the stress of everything else. I felt a huge weight lift when I got it all clean.
Root_Werks
I am reading a lot about Golf and not seeing much wrenching going on anywhere! laugh.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Nov 7 2008, 03:14 PM) *

I am reading a lot about Golf and not seeing much wrenching going on anywhere! laugh.gif

I have done a little but I need to finish my continuing education before my birthday in order to keep my license in good shape. We have to do 30 hours every other year but I like to do 60 hours to make sure I am up to date with everything. I am almost finished and then I will start a winter project thread. aktion035.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Nov 6 2008, 03:24 AM) *

I used to have one of those and after having this the short sifter feels archaic. Seriously one of the best things you can do for your 914 is put a Rennshift in there.

agree.gif , A RennShifter makes a Weltmeister feel like a cheese grater.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.