Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Asking $55,900 for original 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cevan
I saw an ad for a 914-6 in the current issue of Excellence for a place called Sloan Cars.

Wonder if they'll get it?

SirAndy
QUOTE(Cevan @ Nov 5 2008, 10:39 AM) *

I saw an ad for a 914-6 in the current issue of Excellence for a place called Sloan Cars.

Wonder if they'll get it?

Yeah, they've been trying to sell this one for a while now.

Do a search here, we already ripped it apart.
biggrin.gif Andy
Johny Blackstain
I expressed an interest to these guys when it was for sale on evilbay. Found out the actual reserve was $38k & they never got it. I think it got up to $31.5k. Now I'm paying the price for my interest because they keep emailing me to come up & see it.
boxstr
Hmm nice car..looks very familiar
CCLIN9146ATCAMP
carreraguy
I make it a point of not dealing with R. Sloan. He sells all/most of his cars on consignment so you know there is an added good-sized markup built into the deal. I also know that he has (or had) a somewhat "shady" reputation; i.e. listing cars for sale without the knowledge of the owner. sad.gif
orthobiz
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Nov 5 2008, 01:47 PM) *

I expressed an interest to these guys when it was for sale on evilbay. Found out the actual reserve was $38k & they never got it. I think it got up to $31.5k. Now I'm paying the price for my interest because they keep emailing me to come up & see it.

But now that you're running for President they'll probably GIVE it to you!

Paul
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Nov 5 2008, 07:39 PM) *

But now that you're running for President they'll probably GIVE it to you!

Paul

I knew it was a mistake to use myself in an example rolleyes.gif
rwjames
Is this the same car Truespeed had listed fon their website and then put up for auction on ebay?

I was the highest bidder on that one, but it didn't meet the reserve. They wanted $45,000 for it. I'm still looking for a six, but $55,000 is out of the ball park.
boxstr
I sold this car to the current owner. He contacted me to sell it but decided to try Sloan, this is not the Truespeed car.
CCLINOKAYPAYTOPLAY
rwjames
QUOTE(boxstr @ Nov 5 2008, 08:16 PM) *

I sold this car to the current owner. He contacted me to sell it but decided to try Sloan, this is not the Truespeed car.
CCLINOKAYPAYTOPLAY

So is Sloan brokering the car or did he buy it to resale?

I remember when you had that car. It didn't last long and it sold before I could talk to you about it.

I would be interested in this one, but $55,000 is out of my range. If somebody is willing to pay that, good luck. It may be worth it some day, but not today, in my opinion.
boxstr
It is on consignment to Sloan.
Craig
rwjames
The current owner must have lost the 914-6 love to be selling it so soon after buying it. Or he is just jumping on the get rich quick bandwagon like a lot of other 914-6 owners.

I don't know what the current exchange rate is with the dollar and Euro, but it seems like the Europeans are slowing down on the big dollar purchases of cars like this. A lot of owners are still fishing for these buyers on ebay and elsewhere.

I would be curious as to what would buy this car. Although, it sounds like he wants to test the waters first.
carr914
The Euro has come way down (last week was around $1.20 vs $1.70 six months ago)

T.C.
Porsche Rescue
Assuming this is in fact the car Craig sold, and I think it is, Sloan's description is inaccurate. First, I bought the car in July '02 from a fellow in San Jose, Ca. He did not represent himself as the original owner nor did he represent the mileage as low. He had the receipts for $8K in engine work. It was green at that time. I sold it to the fellow in OR who did the fantastic restoration. It is restored, not original. He then sold it to Craig who sold it to a fellow in Kansas. I have spoken with him several times. The last was when he called to say he was going to sell. His mechanic had told him it was worth $40K plus. I think he was checking to see if I wanted it.
Bottom line, it is not a 64K 3 owner car. However it is one of the best restored 6's around.
These cars have been under valued for years,I took my six out last weekend and boy there a bast to drive !! I think there is a huge upside in years to come,Not many left,Keep it orginal and it will be like having money in the bank. Sloan's cars seem over priced at this point in time...
Porsche Rescue
Click to view attachment
Here is the car in 2002. I paid $9500. I suspect the restoration cost at least another $15-$20K.

rwjames
Jim,

Sloan states the original color is Adriatic blue.

Was it painted metallic green over the original blue when you owned it?

Porsche Rescue
Yes, Adriatic blue was factory color. The guy who bought it from me did a high level restoration, hardware replated, much new old stock stuff, etc. It had "airport" gearing when I had it but I think he installed a stock tranny. I'll never forget driving it home from San Jose at 4000 rpm on I-5 with an aftermarket exhaust. Should have bought some earplugs!

I only saw pictures of the restored car and it looked fantastic. Craig had it at Camp 914 and saw it in the "flesh". He is a better source on its condition. Last I knew the car was in Kansas as the owner is a prof at K. State.
2pointOH
I've got my 6 up on eBay now...unfortunately need to sell it to cut costs...take a look and feel free to reach me ot the previous owner with any questions...

John

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...T&viewitem=

QUOTE(rwjames @ Nov 5 2008, 05:26 PM) *

Is this the same car Truespeed had listed fon their website and then put up for auction on ebay?

I was the highest bidder on that one, but it didn't meet the reserve. They wanted $45,000 for it. I'm still looking for a six, but $55,000 is out of the ball park.

rwjames
John,

I feel like I may have hijacked this thread but.....it's all in the name of 914-6 fun.

Actually, I am the high bidder on your car right now and was the highest bidder on your first listing on ebay.

Unfortunately, it sounds like your reserve is beyond my budget.

I just talked to David as well, We have been going back and forth for a couple of years now. I bid on the car when you bought it. I was the second highest bidder then, but it didn't meet his reserve.

Right now there are at least 4 914-6's on ebay. They are starting to come out of the woodwork.

You can send me an email or PM if you would like to talk.

Rich
Gint
You two guys need to take this conversation either to the classified ad for the car, ebay email, PM or email.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.