Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I want to guage intrest in a 6 oil tank group buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LarryR
I need to buy one and I figured I would see if we can put together a group buy. I figured I could contact Patrick motorsports to see what kind of deal I could arrange if there is enough intrest.

I could be swayed to use another vendor I have just done enough buisness with them that I at least have a working relationship with them.

Larry
greenie
I'm interested, just not sure about the timing of the purchase.

It would be interesting to see how much a group buy could affect the price.
Gint
My interest depends on the price. How much are they now?
KaptKaos
Depends- I am a definite maybe.
Dr Evil
I could be in depending on $$$
rktmn247
I'm interested. How much we talking?
sean_v8_914
yup!
LarryR
I am glad to see this has generated some intrest. I figured I would see how many people are interested before I tried to negotiate price. So at the moment I have no idea what the price would be.

Here is a link to the tank I was considering:
http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/part/434/

The undiscounted price is 795 which does not include: filler neck, dipstick or filter console.

I think the filter console would be easy enough to pick up from a bone yard for cheap (I am assuming a 911 filter console would work. However, I am thinking that the filler neck and dipstick would be specific to the 914.

The filler neck undiscounted is 158:
http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/part/556/

I could not find the dipstick but I am pretty sure its 20 bucks??

so the undiscounted price is 973. So based on the above responses what would be a price to shoot for that everyone would be happy with. I just want to make sure if I go negotiate that it would be to a price that we would not loose the interested buyers.

It is my hope to make all this happen in a one month time frame. If someone knows a more direct route IE the guy who makes the tank I suspect that would be where we could get the best price.

Larry
McMark
I prefer the DWDesign tanks. Plus he's a member here and his filler neck kicks the PMS filler neck's ASS!
sixnotfour
DWDesign tanks

unfortunately he moved down under.
I asked his friend sww914, about a month ago and this was his reply
Don did and I helped some here & there. He has all of the drawings and some examples of parts with him. He's planning to build some more eventually but he's got his hands full right now having just moved and all.
PMS has a few as far as I know, he sold them several before he left and we did a group buy with the rest to raise enough money for Don to finish his car. I have one for my own car and I'm ebaying all of the rest o his Boxster caliper adapters and billet aluminum intermediate plates.
Thanks, Steve

I bought one on ebay , at a very good deal. I hope he makes em again as they are the best for the money.
Eric_Shea
Mmmmmmmmmine...

Click to view attachment

Larry, I have a feeling you may need to go a little further with the info before you'll get an accurate response. Price would be a starter.

Too bad Don moved as we really need an affordable oil tank solution. sad.gif
McMark
Don moved! That's horrible (for us)! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
IronHillRestorations
I'm betting the tank shown on Patrick's page is Don Welch's tank. Patrick used to sell Velios tanks, which are much heavier, and you've got at least a 50/50 chance it's going to leak. I don't think Velios is even in business though.

Last time I dealt with Don he wasn't giving much of a wholesale discount for "real" wholesale customers, so I doubt if you'll get much of deal. Doesn't hurt to ask though.
brant
Hey...
that looks familiar to what I built

(no I'm not building any more of them at this time)
Eric_Shea
You couldn't even take pictures a year ago and now you're welding aluminum tahnks together? ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

(very nice Tia B.)
pete-stevers
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 7 2008, 10:39 AM) *

You couldn't even take pictures a year ago and now you're welding aluminum tahnks together? ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

(very nice Tia B.)

at least we all have deficiencies of sorts......
Gint
I thought I got one for free Brant?
brant
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 7 2008, 04:43 PM) *

I thought I got one for free Brant?

I think I do owe you something for free

I need to take night school welding again

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.