Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for original 914/6 pics.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
sbonthemesa
Specifically underneath where the heat exchangers and the flex hoses meet. Also dash pics, front, top and the area under the windshield.

Front trunk, areas such as the gas tank, the windscreen washer pump mount etc.

Rear valance area, where the muffler tip exits.

Thanks in advance.

Ingo
6freak
QUOTE(sbonthemesa @ Nov 6 2008, 08:01 AM) *

Specifically underneath where the heat exchangers and the flex hoses meet. Also dash pics, front, top and the area under the windshield.

Front trunk, areas such as the gas tank, the windscreen washer pump mount etc.

Rear valance area, where the muffler tip exits.

Thanks in advance.

Ingo

Look in the 914world garage ..under show us your cars !lots of pix ...good luck
1970 Neun vierzehn
rear valence pics.....

Sorry, i can't get the link connection. It's toward the bottom of page three on this Originality and history Forum.

Paul
1970 Neun vierzehn
Here you go:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=80364
1970 Neun vierzehn
Ingo,
BTW, what model year /6?
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(sbonthemesa @ Nov 6 2008, 08:01 AM) *

Also dash pics, front, top and the area under the windshield.

Thanks in advance.

Ingo

Here are some good pics.....................
sbonthemesa
I'm assisting on a 1970 rebuild with "Project 6" and another offline member in Santa Barbara.

Thanks for the help.
rwjames
Try this link.

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/sales_history_9146_916

Keep in mind, not everything you see is correct and original, but lots of pictures of 914-6's.

If you don't have one, you should buy the 914 and 914-6 Porsche Restorer's Guide by Dr. Brett Johnson.
HaraldD
QUOTE(rwjames @ Nov 18 2008, 03:12 PM) *

Try this link.

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/sales_history_9146_916

Keep in mind, not everything you see is correct and original, but lots of pictures of 914-6's.

If you don't have one, you should buy the 914 and 914-6 Porsche Restorer's Guide by Dr. Brett Johnson.

1970 Neun vierzehn
Harald,

1st. welcome.png

2nd. Would this be your car.......?
HaraldD
Click to view attachmentHello!
1. Thank you!
2. Yes! :-)
6freak
QUOTE(HaraldD @ Nov 29 2008, 01:10 AM) *

Click to view attachmentHello!
1. Thank you!
2. Yes! :-)

drooley.gif purdy...cept 4 the bumped out rear finders...but still drooley.gif welcome
HaraldD
Hello!
The fenders are bumbed out in the 70`s on the brand new Car (about an inch) to make place for Fuchs 7x15. In reality you didn`t see it that much as on the Photo`s.
Harald
santa_smiley.gif
carr914
Harald, welcome.png and very nice looking Six. Personally I like a few mods.

T.C.
6freak
QUOTE(HaraldD @ Dec 1 2008, 09:27 PM) *

Hello!
The fenders are bumbed out in the 70`s on the brand new Car (about an inch) to make place for Fuchs 7x15. In reality you didn`t see it that much as on the Photo`s.
Harald
santa_smiley.gif

Dont get me wrong I do like the looks of it ....but not to piss on your camp fire but they did not come that way.. 7'' wheels didnt come from the factory on any 914..If Im wrong I soon will be corrected by the pro`s ...But anywho that is one very nice car I would be proud of it as Im sure you are smilie_pokal.gif
HaraldD
Hello 6freak!
I didn`t write that the Car comes wit 7" from "the Factory"... ;-)
The Porsche Dealer "Max Moritz" Reutlingen made it like that. They put 7x15 ET 49 (911R) with 27mm Spacers on it..
santa_smiley.gif
6freak
QUOTE(HaraldD @ Dec 2 2008, 09:33 PM) *

Hello 6freak!
I didn`t write that the Car comes wit 7" from "the Factory"... ;-)
The Porsche Dealer "Max Moritz" Reutlingen made it like that. They put 7x15 ET 49 (911R) with 27mm Spacers on it..
santa_smiley.gif

smash.gif my head LMAO...Ok ..IT do look tuff that way beerchug.gif
Lavanaut
Hey Harold, your car has been the desktop wallpaper on my laptop for the past 8 months or so, specifically this pic. I don't even remember now where I got it! Beautiful car though, I love the subtle flares and front spoiler.

Is that conda green? I wouldn't have thought so but it really looks like it the first pic that Paul posted. idea.gif Give us some more details!

Oh and hey, welcome.png

Reid
HaraldD
Hello!

The Car is the "Privat Car" of Gerd Quist, Driver of the Max Moritz Racing Team back in the 70`s. It has the Colour Conda Green, it is the Colour of the Race Cars from the Team. It is the only one who left The Company in this Colour. He bought it in 1970, drive it for two years. After the Car arrived in Reutlingen, they take the Engine (Original 110 HP) and build it up to a 2.0 S Engine with "S" Cams, Forged Rockers, Alu/Nicasil Zylinders. The Carburators are also build up to "S" Specifications, with 34mm inlet an other Nozzles (Specifications of Rallye Engine), so the Engine have about 185 HP. They also put the Ultarar 7x15 Fuchs Alloy`s of the 911R with 27mm Spacer on it (Set of 4!). The Car have also a Slip Diff. and an Original Engine Lid of the 914-6 GT. After the 2 Years Ownership of Gerd Quist, another one buy it, but he never drive`s it at Wintertime. 1977 Max Moritz/Reutlingen bought it back, then it been stored away with 58000 Km on it. I buy the Car in 2004, out of the Garage. I make a "soft" Resauration, with new Paint and overhaulin all the little pieces...
All the Seals are from 1970 (except the one of the Front and the 2 of the Bumpers), the lights also....
If you want more Informations - Please Contact me.

Harald santa_smiley.gif
Joe Bob
Any pics of the bell crank assembly at the transaxle?
IronHillRestorations
Not as pretty as the car pics, but here ya go Z.
IronHillRestorations
Note the corrosion on the exhaust pipes aft of the 3 to 1 collector. It's a different kind of metal. The primary exhaust tubing has some nickel content.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.