Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carolinas Challenge PCA Club Race
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
naro914
I'll post some pictures and video when i can, but we ran 3 sprint races, and an enduro. I placed first in class in 2 sprints and the enduro. the one I didn't was because I got a flat tire and didn't finish.

We had a great race weekend. I spent the time dicing it up with the RS America's, 993's and a 964 cup car that spun in front of me!

In one race, I started 18th and ended up 7th overall. My little 2.2 liter engine ran perfect after we had some issues on Friday - found it to be a clogged fuel filter.

Oh, and Huey was entered in the Charity Car show and won Best Race car entered out of 10 racers!

Good weekend all around.
naro914
Papa Smurf in the garage:
naro914
Finally got one video posted:
http://www.naroescapemotorsports.com/Videos/videos.html
6freak
QUOTE(naro914 @ Nov 7 2008, 11:52 AM) *

Thanks for shareing that was cool ......when in doubt gas it...... that 911 could have made it if he didnt touch the skids..cheers to you and your crew smilie_pokal.gif
naro914
Yep, as soon as I saw the brake lights, I backed off knowing what was coming next.

That was a 964 cup car too....

About 9 laps into the race, when the 944 really pulled away, the engine started running terrible, and my lap times dropped by about 5 seconds per lap. You can hear it on the long video (didn't want to bore everyone). Turns out, it was a plugged up fuel filter. That's why the 964 cup caught and passed me. I was 15+ seconds ahead of her when the fuel problem arose...
euro911
beerchug.gif Cool ...

... enjoyed the video biggrin.gif
hedfurst
Great videos!
degreeoff
tried that link for the last in the series and no joy...is it bad?

Josh
naro914
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Nov 9 2008, 08:24 PM) *

Josh

which one? I just tried them all and they seem to work....
euro911
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Nov 9 2008, 05:24 PM) *

Josh

The videos wouldn't automatically open for me, but all I had to do was COPY the URL of the video, open Windows Media Player, click on 'File', scroll down and click on 'Open URL' and PASTED the URL in the text box ...
naro914
really? Hmmm....not sure why. May have something to do with your security settings in IE? i can click on any of them and they work, and I was watching a few of them with a budy on his big screen TV (hooked up to the internet and all - very high techie stuff) and it worked there too.... hmmmm....

well, here's the direct link to the CMP video..

http://www.naroescapemotorsports.com/Video..._08_Sprint1.wmv
jdogg
Great video!! The kink can indeed inspire some pucker factor... with it being off camber and all the speed carried through there, a tap of the brakes is sure way to see what 100MPH backwards is like!

Racing916
A great run! Thanks for posting the video. Just wondering what happened with your motor, and do you plan on bringing your car to the Zone 1 Porsche Club race at Watkins Glen next year?
naro914
QUOTE(Racing916 @ Nov 25 2008, 09:56 PM) *

A great run! Thanks for posting the video. Just wondering what happened with your motor, and do you plan on bringing your car to the Zone 1 Porsche Club race at Watkins Glen next year?

It turns out it was a clogged fuel filter...

Thinking about WGI, we'll see if it fits into my schedule, and it depends on what Pete decides as the race mix (4 sprints, 2 sprints & enduro, etc). Not sure I'll make the trip for 4 normal sprints...
dlestep
...I saw a photo of your crunched yellow and blue car...everyone alright?
On your website I saw the video of the 944 passing you and I knew something was amiss..."GTF outtaHere, No way" was my response...
naro914
Yep, we were fine. Read through the whole thing when you have the time. Posted under News and "terrible week at Targa...."

Quite a week....

Once we got the fuel filter swapped, I had a wonderful race weekend. The little 2.2 really ran great.
byndbad914
cool vid - I mentioned it before but nothing wrong with saying I dig that car again smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.