Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buffed out the rear qtr last night
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I finished the outsides of the doors on Saturday and last night i did one of the quarter panels and the back side of the door jam. I wonder if I'll ever be able to leave this car in a parking lot.
jc914
That looks great
Gint
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 6 2008, 04:22 PM) *
I wonder if I'll ever be able to leave this car in a parking lot.

av-943.gif

laugh.gif

That's too funny. I have similar thoughts. That's why I haven't put my /6 back together. I don't want to scratch the paint!

Looks great!
jsayre914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 6 2008, 06:22 PM) *

That looks great, nice job. I try to be careful not to park right next to any cars if I can avoid it. My 4yr old daughter learned how to open the car door by herself about a month ago and just as I am walking around the wifes car SLAM a very nice ding in my rear quarter panel. sad.gif

Its all part of the fun. biggrin.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 6 2008, 06:22 PM) *

Thats exactly why I've haven't made the effort to color sand mine after painting. laugh.gif
championgt1
NICE!! aktion035.gif
Todd Enlund
Looking great!

QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 6 2008, 03:42 PM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 6 2008, 04:22 PM) *

av-943.gif

laugh.gif

That's too funny. I have similar thoughts. That's why I haven't put my /6 back together. I don't want to scratch the paint!

Looks great!

I know what you're saying, but there are some rules to preserving your car in a parking lot, and they don't involve taking up two spaces. That's a sure fire way to get your car keyed.

Park further out and walk in.
Park in an end spot, and get as close to the curb as you can.
Fudge a bit towards the left - odds are reasonable that the car you park next to doesn't have a passenger to open the door, but they all have a driver. Leave the driver a bit more room.
Park next to nice cars... not rust buckets. People with nice cars don't want dents either. Likewise, stay away from minivans and such... kids don't know to respect your car.
On windy days, park on the upwind end of the lot. Shopping carts with a good run are lethal.

In general, just pay attention to where you park, and think about the consequences of what's around you. Shopping cart returns are an obvious bad thing™
6freak
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 6 2008, 03:22 PM) *

I finished the outsides of the doors on Saturday and last night i did one of the quarter panels and the back side of the door jam. I wonder if I'll ever be able to leave this car in a parking lot.

Hello Billy! your a long ways from any parking lot Pal so put your nose back to the grindstone and GET-R-DONE.then you can worry about parking that beauty later ..Just kid`n if you need any help LMK I`m more then happy to come down to Auburn and give you a hand where ever i can smash.gif If it dont fit get a bigger hammer av-943.gif......O yeah nice work
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.