Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Options for a '71
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RickS
Need your expertise... and perhaps a good seat if you have one. I have the original backpad and want to retain it with the replacement seat. I find the stock seat, even in good condition uncomfortable in the seat area. What would you recommend for a good touring/canyon carving seat - without going to a full race seat?

Edit: I'm 6'3' with a 33" waist. Will only wear a helmet with the top off for AX.Click to view attachment

This will not be the driver....

TIA - Rick
boxstr
This would be my selection....you can find more information, including prices at
www.camp914.com
CCLINSEATINGFORONE
GeorgeRud
Have you tried pulling the bottom seat cushion off the stock seat, then replacing it with a piece of 1/2 inch foam? This will give you an additional 1-2 inches of headroom, and is still passable for comfort (depending on your own "padding").

I even considered removing the rear pad from the seat to give additional room. I think a good upholstery shop could probably upholster the cushions in a matching vinyl if wanted. Otherwise, the seats shown are about the best.
RickS
Had a Nurburgring seat in another car and it provided zero lateral side support - so got rid of it. Does the seat above have significantly higher/deeper sides? Or, is there a bucket or more high side bolstered seat?
boxstr
The LeMans is the best seat for the 914. It has higher sides than the Nurburgring and it slides in and fits into the backpad perfectly.
CCLINSEATINGFORONE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.