Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Porsche Museum Exhibits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
As i was browsing through www.carscoop.blogspot.com i came upon this article, and surely i spotted a red 914 lined up in the line of other Porsches ready to be loaded into a transporter.

Actual Link: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/11/first...lay-in-new.html

Here's the article copied over:

First Exhibits go on Display in the New Porsche Museum

As the construction of Porsche's new museum in Stuttgart, Germany comes to an end with only minor work left to be done, the company decided to install the first twelve exhibition vehicles. Porsche said that the relocation of all 80 exhibits that have been safe-kept in an off-premises warehouse in Zwingenberg am Neckar will have been completed by the end of this week. The first exhibits that go on display in the Porsche museum today include, among others, a 356 Cabriolet, an original '11' model and the first prototype of the 924.

"In the last few weeks, we have comprehensively restored all the vehicles and polished them up for their use in the museum," commented Klaus Bischof, head of the 'Rolling Museum'.

Because all of the 80 exhibits will spend some periods on the road, they will be continuously replaced by other vehicles, meaning that visitors will in future be able to discover different automotive rarities each time they pay a visit to the museum.

And the opening image:
IPB Image
biggrin.gif Enjoy!

***If this is a repost i apologize, i havent been frequenting the World as often as i use to back then sad.gif ***
Gint
There was another thread on this started earlier yesterday. I'll see if I can find it.

yeah, here it is.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=89739
Jake Raby
Its working...
Porsche wants you to **THINK** they care about the older cars. Its all a matter of perception as they realized that many "Porsche people" are venturing away from their new cars.
the company called Porsche today is nothing like the company that produced REAL CARS without radiators for so many decades.

I have learned this first hand through my experiences with the Boxster/ 996 engine.
Brett W
Porsche is a car company in business to make money and remain the most profitable car company in the world. While we all love our older Porsches, they make no money on them and the new clientele doesn't care about working on their cars. Plus most new Porsche owners won't keep the car for more than a few years, so durability issues don't matter to Porsche. make it cheap and sell it quick. That is the new business motto.
GeorgeRud
You are absolutely right in your assessment, and we can't blame Porsche for wanting to make money and be profitable for their stockholders.

However, the change in direction has made me realize that I will probably never buy one of their new products. I've had two 911s, and presently own two 914-6s, and dearly loved them all. The new cars have better specs, but they have a completely different feel and engineering. They're cheaper to build, and have little appeal for those of us that appreciated the wonderful engineering of the old aircooled cars.

For everyday drivers, stick with Honda or Toyota. For fun, just look at all the wonderfull old Porsches that are available for sale. For a fashion accessory, get a new Porsche. Maybe they can be melted down and recycled after a few years, cause it doesn't look like they can be repaired.

Ferdinand and Ferry must be rolling over in their graves!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.