Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cool photos from 1973
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
some of you might know the photo from the IAA 1973 (biggest german Auto show) - see it here
Karmann displayed 5 + 1 special painted 914
one is said to be something like a "LE preceeder", the other should represent their most importand sales markets

now I received these cool photos from a german friend
they show these cars at the Karmann factory, before they got shipped to Frankfurt
Gustl
914 Can Am Prototype Car 3

jim_hoyland
Thanks for sharing, very interesting pictures. Is the 914 in post #2 Orange or Copper ?
Gustl
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 7 2008, 05:00 PM) *

Is the 914 in post #2 Orange or Copper ?

good question ... these are scans from a 35 years old magazine ...
carr914
Cars at the Frankfurt show

T.C.

Click to view attachment
r_towle
Do these cars still exist?

Rich
McMark
Can-Am prototype is orange.
Ferg
Very very very cool! aktion035.gif I really like the gold/german one!

Ferg
Root_Werks
Those are cool!
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 7 2008, 09:57 AM) *

Can-Am prototype is orange.

Actually, I recall reading in Excellence Was Expected, that the Can Am prototype at this show was reported to have been black with yelllow accents. No photo of this car has surfaced yet.

Great seeing these other cars for sure, would be exciting if they still existed. there seem to be two that are for the USA market...? the lower right and upper left cars.
Gustl
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 7 2008, 09:31 PM) *

Great seeing these other cars for sure, would be exciting if they still existed. there seem to be two that are for the USA market...? the lower right and upper left cars.

the lower right one is also shown in the DGVWPB - pg 6 (b/w photo)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.