Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Lamborghini Orange County Closes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ericread
Here's a pretty interesting link I thought might be of interest!

The world's largest Lamborghini dealer, Lamborghini Orange County, has closed and owners aren't saying why. "I can't talk about anything," said Vik Keuylian, owner of the Santa Ana-based dealership.

Keuylian previously said he sold about 10 percent of all 2,400 Lamborghinis made in the world each year.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lamborg...4-keuylian-cars

Eric Read
Wes V
Strange!

The Lambo dealer near me just closed also. Calabasas area, San Fernando Valley, L.A.

Wes
ericread
QUOTE(Wes V @ Nov 7 2008, 10:41 AM) *

Strange!

The Lambo dealer near me just closed also. Calabasas area, San Fernando Valley, L.A.

Wes

FYI: The Calabasas dealership owner is the same as the OC dealership owner. With Lamborghini moving their US HQ to Santa Monica, there is some discussion that Lamborghini pulled the dealership financing so that corporate could sell direct from their Santa Monica location???

Eric
boostedte37
I didn't know VW owned Lambo blink.gif
Eric_Shea
They had aweful customer service. Everytime I came in for an oil change they tried to sell me brake pads and muffler bearings. smile.gif
URY914
QUOTE(boostedte37 @ Nov 7 2008, 11:48 AM) *

Where have you been?
boostedte37
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 7 2008, 10:55 AM) *

QUOTE(boostedte37 @ Nov 7 2008, 11:48 AM) *

Where have you been?

thats what I'm wonderingIPB Image
ericread
So Porsche owns VW, whom owns Lamborghini. Therefore, Porsche owns Lamborghini!

OK, I know it doesn't work out quite that easy. With European Union rules and such, sub-ownership is not assured.

But pretty interesting, just the same.

Eric
RJMII
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 7 2008, 11:50 AM) *

They had aweful customer service. Everytime I came in for an oil change they tried to sell me brake pads and muffler bearings. smile.gif

That reminds me; I'm still waiting on those muffler bearings you sold me to upgrade my package... and I have some more stuff to order from you.
Gustl
QUOTE(ericread @ Nov 7 2008, 08:25 PM) *

AFAIK you missed a step !!!

Audi owns Lamborghini
VW owns Audi
Porsche owns VW

aktion035.gif Gustl
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(ericread @ Nov 7 2008, 01:45 PM) *

Strange!

Wes

FYI: The Calabasas dealership owner is the same as the OC dealership owner. With Lamborghini moving their US HQ to Santa Monica, there is some discussion that Lamborghini pulled the dealership financing so that corporate could sell direct from their Santa Monica location???

Eric

Do ya think Lambo will be/is be doing away with all private dealerships? Low volumn sorta calls for "nationalizing" to increase profits to the mother company.

Course, they (VW) could always sell the Lambo marque to Chrysler, who is heavy on cash. Doesn't make sense, but US car manufacturers haven't made sense for some time.
Pat
carr914
Chrysler already owned Lambo once, that didn't work out so good.

T.C.
RJMII
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 7 2008, 06:03 PM) *

T.C.

Yeah, the Diablo was a Chrysler era vehicle... IIRC there were ads with the Diablo and viper together somwhere.
Twystd1
Rumour has it........
Lambo of OC was closed by the feds.

C
FourBlades

The feds raided them for selling cheap, knock off muffler bearings and for
putting melamine in their turn signal fluid!!!

You know how much a new turn signal fluid pump is on a lambo????
ericread
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Nov 7 2008, 03:25 PM) *

QUOTE(ericread @ Nov 7 2008, 01:45 PM) *

Strange!

Wes

Eric

Do ya think Lambo will be/is be doing away with all private dealerships? Low volumn sorta calls for "nationalizing" to increase profits to the mother company.

Course, they (VW) could always sell the Lambo marque to Chrysler, who is heavy on cash. Doesn't make sense, but US car manufacturers haven't made sense for some time.
Pat

Something significant happened, and NOBODY is talking. Lambo moves their US HQ toSanta Monica, then the largest selling dealership in the world (~45 miles frm Santa Monica) is padlocked and all the Lambos are off the lot overnight.

I doubt that Lambo would try to sell direct exclusively. Too much overhead. But it seems apparant that the OC Lambo group was doing something Lambo didn't like... Didn't like a lot!

It takes a lot of time and money to cater to a Lambo customer demographic, and it seems odd that corporate Lambo would throw away what OC Lambo had built.

Eric
jimtab
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 7 2008, 05:03 PM) *

T.C.

I'm pretty sure that it was Maserati that was owned by Chrysler. I think we all try to forget the Chrysler/Maserati TC3.....what a POS>
spare time toys
Lambo was also Chrysler owned. I forgot about the TC3.
PeeGreen 914
I have a neighbor that has a Chryster TC3/ Maseratti Lebaren or whatever you call it av-943.gif

He comes over every now and again to BS cars and I always have the after to choke down his conversations about his piece of crap.
BigD9146gt

...sorry to rain on this long time joke...

muffler bearings do exist. the early dodge stealth had a kind of a 2 stage exhaust system with an electrically operated flap and motor at the entrance to a muffler, that opened and closed depending on eng rpm, and veh speed. these flaps were mounted to shafts that had a small bearing at each end. as you may expect, these bearings bound up due to exhaust carbon and trash, and they became noisey and inoperable. this is true, so there is really a such a thing as a muffler bearing; to repair, you had to replace the muffler.
RJMII
QUOTE(BigD9146gt @ Nov 8 2008, 03:10 PM) *

...sorry to rain on this long time joke...

muffler bearings do exist. the early dodge stealth had a kind of a 2 stage exhaust system with an electrically operated flap and motor at the entrance to a muffler, that opened and closed depending on eng rpm, and veh speed. these flaps were mounted to shafts that had a small bearing at each end. as you may expect, these bearings bound up due to exhaust carbon and trash, and they became noisey and inoperable. this is true, so there is really a such a thing as a muffler bearing; to repair, you had to replace the muffler.

I have a turbo charged 6g73 engine in my 914... the stealth used the 6g72. =o)

Anymore word on why Lamborghini OC shut down? was it the feds?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 7 2008, 01:50 PM) *

OK, I'll bite! What the hell are "muffler bearings"?. This is a joke - right?
Pat
Eric_Shea
This is a joke - right?

Uuuuuuuuuuh No. All Lambo's have them. (where've you been hidding PG?):

Later (75-76) 914's have them as well... quite restrictive.

Click to view attachment
MZM
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 8 2008, 06:26 PM) *

This is a joke - right?

Uuuuuuuuuuh No. All Lambo's have them. (where've you been hidding PG?):

Later (75-76) 914's have them as well... quite restrictive.

Click to view attachment

Eric, that is the wrong part. It retails for $39.95. The correct Lambo part, #LMFLR37701, is $4927.95 retail. It does however look verrry similar.

Mike M
mojorisen914
Pat,
You see, when the exhaust passes thru the muffler bearings; you get this real nice sound. It's awesome!
Eric_Shea
Eric, that is the wrong part. It retails for $39.95. The correct Lambo part, #LMFLR37701, is $4927.95 retail. It does however look verrry similar.

I know I know... that's the Pinto part shown there for basic reference. The Lambo part is Stainless hence the higher price. I think they're ripping the Lambo owners off though... a part like that should retail for say $79-89 max.
Hammy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 7 2008, 02:20 PM) *

Audi owns Lamborghini
VW owns Audi
Porsche owns VW

aktion035.gif Gustl

I guess I'm lost now... How does one car company "own" another? Doesn't that make them the same company? blink.gif Help a slow guy out. I always associated Lamborghini as Italian..now it looks like the Germans own 'em?
melnyk
QUOTE(Hammy @ Nov 9 2008, 07:02 AM) *

QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 7 2008, 02:20 PM) *

Audi owns Lamborghini
VW owns Audi
Porsche owns VW

aktion035.gif Gustl

I guess I'm lost now... How does one car company "own" another? Doesn't that make them the same company? blink.gif Help a slow guy out. I always associated Lamborghini as Italian..now it looks like the Germans own 'em?

its kind of like how GM owns AC delco but they are two seperate companies, gm just has controlling power over delco.
plymouth37
Lambo O.C. accused of stealing 12 million by VW.
GeorgeRud
Maybe the government will give them a bailout!
EdwardBlume
I don't know Lambo of OC, but I can tell you from being in the indsutry that with everything being in the crapper now, all the bad stuff that used to get washed away with success is floating to the surface.
tango-52
The word is that the owners fled to Bahrain with the loot.
degreeoff
OK between this thread and the one with the gay guy on crack I just read I am losing it!...BTW lambo goes away with the aliens that are leaving.......DUH!
So.Cal.914
Excuse me...Can you tell me where the exit is? I am Lost again. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.