Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How the hell to get it all in the engine bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I'm not sure how interesting this is but, I thought I'd run it past you guys.

The time finally came to lay out everything and see if the package would fit. It's just plain gotten bigger. Bigger displacement led to the need for a cooler. A bout with rod bearings led to an Accusump as insurance against a recurrence of that painful experience. My feet get cold and I'd like a little heat up here in the PNW. And I wanted to cut the tub as little as possible.

So, here is what I came up with.

I mocked up an extra case with the relevant stuff and stuck it up in the car just to make sure. Here is the package on the workbench. The cooler is on the driver's side and is feed by a scoop where the air deflector normally is. The scoop screened to keep debris from the cooler, hinged and spring loaded to close when hit.

Click to view attachment

The thermostat is on the passenger side so oil lines cross in front of the fan undr the sheet metal.

Click to view attachment

Oiling is full flow and the filter is on a remote mount off of the passenger side of the fan housing where the AC compressor would be.

Click to view attachment

The Accusump sits under the relay board. This is a bit of concern for me as I'm concerned about heat and old electronics. It may be time to work up a new relay board out of a couple of MS boards. We'll see

Click to view attachment

Much of the plumbing is running though the space between the lower firewall and the front engine tin. Not a lot of space. The orange things are rubber mount for the oil cooler. I only have a heat exchanger on the passenger side so the black tube crosses to the driver's side. It gets about 70% of the heated air via a tee on the passenger side.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It turns out there's plenty of space

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The breather box and the coil packs are on the rear bulkhead.

Dave
sww914
I wouldn't worry too much about heat from the Accusump. The oil doesn't flow through it, it pulses in and out sometimes but usually it doesn't do anything. It's mostly just waiting for a loss of pressure so there's plenty of time for it to cool.
I really like your oil filter location, better than stock.
Root_Werks
Dave, that look pretty amazing! Far beyond what I could contribute other than to say WOW! smilie_pokal.gif
drgchapman
Dave, you might consider relocating the fuel pump to the front of the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.