Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Push Rod Tube Springs.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DuckRyder
Sorry if this has been over multiple times. Didn't hit any thing on point with a search,

I seem to recall that they were non-essential mine are in rotten shape, but I could snag some new ones if need be or leave em put.

Should I worry about it or just run without em? (What the hell are they supposed to do anyway (besides machine pushrods?)?

OH, and is there any difference in GREEN and RED upper pushrod tube seals? Boy those are a pain to get in without pinching.
Dave_Darling
The springs are supposed to hold the tubes down and make sure they stay in the case. I say use 'em.

Originally, there were different color seals for the inner and outer ends of the tube. (They're different sizes, of course.) Then different materials started using different colors as well. I think the RED ones may be the original-type ones, and the GREEN ones are an improved material.

Brown (usually, but not always) Viton seals are preferred.

--DD
DuckRyder
Alrighty, they are in there............................
Ray Warren
Robert
i got the part # from the pet cd and just ordered them from the local vw dealer. They showed up the next day and they were the green viton type.
I think tey were about $1.50 each.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.